Group Home

May seem like a silly question but please don't bash me for this...

Posted by   + Show Post

How soon after having an alcoholic drink is it safe to take some pain medication? I had two Bartles and James wine coolers about 30 minutes ago, and I've been battling extreme pain in my back that is not going away... I wanted to take an Aleve, but had the wine coolers first thinking that the pain would go away a little, but it just seems to be getting worse.. so does anyone know how long the alchohol will stay in my system and how soon is it safe to take the Aleve for my back pain?

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM

i think it should be ok to take but if you are worried i'm sure you should be able to make a call & find out.  teh bottle should have an 800# on it for questions.  if not you can always contact your local poison control.

kjdama
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

So far I've not seen any bashing... :o) I had to leave another group a few weeks ago becasue I posted a question for advise on how to handle a family situation and I was hit up right and left for it. :/ That was not fun...

Quoting powow65:

they say i think after what 8hours? (check on www.ehow.com  ) PS, no "bashing" here.  we're nice females.

powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

too many "bully mom's" & "meanie mom's" in certain groups. if we "see" a "bully" or any "drama" ANY ONE & EVERY-ONE CAN & WILL "report" those "mom's" ASAP!

no drama here!   :)

Quoting kjdama:

So far I've not seen any bashing... :o) I had to leave another group a few weeks ago becasue I posted a question for advise on how to handle a family situation and I was hit up right and left for it. :/ That was not fun...

Quoting powow65:

they say i think after what 8hours? (check on www.ehow.com  ) PS, no "bashing" here.  we're nice females.

powow65 Smarter Living 

Corkie- InSide The Kitchen
ciao_bella
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:25 PM
Id take it now as long as your not operating heavy machinery & assuming your kids will be in bed soon ;)

Hope u feel better xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjdama
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

LOL... the heaviest machinery would be my computer... and my kids are currently out of the country with thier dad, so I'm all alone. :o(

I took them and only a slight improvment to my pain. Another friend on FB said I could have kidney stones... :/ Gah, I hope not. I don't have any insurance right now although I can get limited coverage through work... I'm barely getting 20 hours a week right now, so I don't even know if I can afford to have $34 taken out of each paycheck for limited health coverage... 

Quoting ciao_bella:

Id take it now as long as your not operating heavy machinery & assuming your kids will be in bed soon ;)

Hope u feel better xoxo

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I think that alcohol usually enhances the drug or in this case aleeve. Unfortunately thats bad news if its a blood thinner or blood pressure med....thats why they say not to mix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I think you should be ok. its not like you were drinking a pt of vodka, you had what 2 wine coolers? the alcohol content in them is very low. Take with a glass or bottle of water.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM
It's good to be safe! I say you should be ok! Feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjdama
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Well, I still am in major pain... and I just took one more aleeve since the bottle says do not exceed more than 3 in a 24 hour period. :o( if I lie down I can barely sit up with out being in excruciating pain. I'm seriously wondering if it IS a kidney stone. :/

Well I am going to try and lie down and sleep and pray the aleeve starts helping sooner rather than later. I don't want to be miserable tomorrow at work :o(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM
aleve is fine prescription drugs be careful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.