Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

May seem like a silly question but please don't bash me for this...

Posted by   + Show Post

How soon after having an alcoholic drink is it safe to take some pain medication? I had two Bartles and James wine coolers about 30 minutes ago, and I've been battling extreme pain in my back that is not going away... I wanted to take an Aleve, but had the wine coolers first thinking that the pain would go away a little, but it just seems to be getting worse.. so does anyone know how long the alchohol will stay in my system and how soon is it safe to take the Aleve for my back pain?

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:46 AM

I hope you're feeling better today.  

Rain2Rinse
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Aleve is fine, I think. I thought you were.talking heavy duty stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjdama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I have a dull ache right now... waking up and getting out of bed was a chore. I just took some ibuprofen about 10 minutes ago, so I hope that's enough for allowing me to work pain free or as close to it as possible...

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I take tylenol with wine when needed..I usually wait an hour for any prescriptions I've ever needed tho...Hope you feel better...HUGS 

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I would have just taken the pain killers.

kjdama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

So no amount of ibuprofen or aleeve is helping, and I have no way to get to a doctor right now. :/

Between the stress I'm under, the supposed ovarian cysts I have (havne't been able to confirm those, but the gyno thought it was more than likely), and now this extreme back pain, I am a hot mess... :o( 

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

i think you will be fine sorry your in pain 

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:46 PM

The Aleve should be ok.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I think you'll be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I'd take it now.  When I drank a lot (up to a fifth of whiskey a day)  I always took a couple tylenols while drinking and again at bedtime, usually withwhiskey to prevent hangovers.  It didn't hurt me and I never had a angover eother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN