Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An Affordable vacation, is it possible? *Edit*

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM
  • 133 Replies

Ok, I need some help. We want to have a simple family get away (Husband wants to go to a water-park, if possible) just for 3 days, but all the places I've been looking at are like 200 dollars a night! It's just the three of us, is this a normal price for a Friday, Saturday and Sunday stay at a water-park hotel in Wisconsin dells?? Does anyone else have a good, fun, cheap and kid friendly vacation ideas? We only want to get away for three days at the end of the month (July 20-23 if it matters). We want to keep it at, around or under 1000 dollars. Help please!! Thanks!! :)

**Thank you everyone for all your responses, it's going to take me a while to get through everything! You guys are great!! One thing I have seen is people telling me to change my dates. That would be great, and I would do it exceptI go to school Monday through Thursday, and if I miss even two days of my classes in the summer I fail the class, so I can't go during the week. Although, after my summer school is over I have a week off before the fall semester, so we might be going on vacation then instead, in which case we will definitely be going during the week.**

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I don't know about that area sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Possibly stay at a hotel outside of the water park? But then you've got to factor is costs to actually go....

Or go to one with a great pool?

Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r00j04j08
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

get season passes to a theme park it would be cheaper. or how about a beach vacation?

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I am not familiar with that area but I know if you were going to Hershey PA that would not be that expensive.

Tylersmom119
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM
That sounds about right but I agree that is too much. Maybe stay at a cheaper hotel in a nearby town or a little further down the interstate. Also check to see if you can get discount tickets by purchasing online or season passes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Yup.  Summertime is horrible for good prices to stay at hotels.  Look into places that have specials and bundle with a water park or amusement park.   Look into Motel 6 hotels if you can.  When we used them to travel in august a few years ago, each night was 60 a night.  It was just me, bf and our cat at the time.  You can always call and ask the hotels what their specials are or if they can recommend a less expensive place.

Anniebel22
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
That looks like the normal rate for this season. They have lower cost rentals you could try, but they won't be as nice or connected to the indoor water parks. If you want low cost, have you thought about camping? Most have lakes to swim in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:38 PM
sometimes you can find condos for cheaper and they have a kitchen so you can make some meals save there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea but I hope that you are able to find a good deal and get to go on vacation.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Avoid the weekends you can find great deals during the week. Instead of Friday thru.Sunday.try.Sunday thru Tuesday. Another plus is you'll avoid heavy crowds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)