Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you/should you turn the caraway around?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
My dd is about to turn 1 and her feet aren't fitting comfortably in the back seat anymore and i was wondering when is it okay to turn a carseat around? When did you turn yours around?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azpreemiemom
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Now the recommendation is 2 years old. My thrid was turned around at 18 months, the baby will RF until 2.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I hear it's later now...my now 4 year old was turned around at 1 I am thinking. I really don't remember. LOL

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:17 AM

My last baby was 12 years ago and I turned her around when she was a little before a year old but I am sure that the laws have changed now.  Good luck on finding something out.

mereinhart28
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM

I think they are recommending an older age now.....

when my kids were babies, they turned around at 1.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I dont remember when i turned her. After 1, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:17 AM

i think my daughter was about 15 months or so my son was maybe 20 months or closer to two.  before i turned them around my kids would cross their feet in the carseat & were fine sitting that way.

Leeshamak
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

The latest recommendation is 2 to turn around~ however, many parents are rear facing much longer than that because of the fear of their childs neck not being able to withstand a crash. Personally, I would buy a new seat that she can grow into~ something she can stay rear facing till 2 and turn around once you feel comfortable doing that. My 16 month old is actually still in her infant car seat~ she doesn't hit the weight or height limits yet~ but check yours, she might be over the limits and you didn't even realize. My 2 olders got turned around at about 18 months or so... but we plan to rear face our 16 month older than that...

Good luck!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Not exactly sure, but it was after 1.
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM

My son was a little over one when I turned him around, but I think the recommendation is 2 years old now.

ForeverInLove
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
My 20 month old is still rear facing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)