Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On yesterday the bank sent me a text message (yes a text, not a phone call) saying they were deactivating my debit card and sending a new one due to sucipious activity.

I called and fussed, how could they just cancel my card without even speaking to me 1st???? After reviewing the charges we determined I indeed made the purchases and my account had not been hacked. The card was already deactivated so there was nothing we could do. I was ok with it, I still had checks and I could use those right ....

I went to the grocery store today to get food for today and my check was declined. Turns out my entire account has been closed. I am beyond pissed. So not only do we not have food, I can't even go to McDonalds!

Our lights went out in the neighborhood last night so I had to toss everything in the fridge (not the freezer). We had no milk, eggs, etc

I am so embarrassed and pisssed at the same time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Replies (41-41):
AstuteMama
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:26 AM

That really does suck! I hope that you were able to get everything straightened out with your checking account. My sister had a similar thing happen to my brother-in-law's checking account except someone was able to get a hold of my brother-in-law's debit card number, and that person was in Spain trying to use my brother-in-law's to buy things. This happened twice to my brother-in-law's account the first time the bank deactivated his first debit card and issued him a new debit card. The second time the same person got a hold of my brother-in-law's routine number and account information and tried to buy something in Spain again. This time my brother-in-law's checking account was closed without any warning. Which messed up his direct deposit and the hassle of going into the bank to open a new checking account.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN