Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starbucks + alcohol

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM
  • 68 Replies

just heard on the news that 3 starbucks locations around the metro area were approved for liquor licenses & will start serving beer & wine in the fall. 

wth?  how do beer & wine fit into a coffee shop?  now some baily's, kahlua or such maybe but not beer & wine! ;o)

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
smh. Whoa!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats interesting, I know a sandwich shop Cosi sells wine. Its quite nice going in for an afternoon salad with friends on a shopping trip and having a glass of wine too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM

that i can see but not a coffee shop

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Thats interesting, I know a sandwich shop Cosi sells wine. Its quite nice going in for an afternoon salad with friends on a shopping trip and having a glass of wine too.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Live in Atlanta? It was on the news here a couple of days ago that a Starbucks in Roswell ( if I remember correctly) are now going to have a liquor license. The parents they interviewed were not pleased since their kids go there for study groups with their friends. 

I'll just be sticking with my Skinny Upside Down Caramel Macchiatto...I'm not a big drinker...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

deadlights86
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I can see Starbucks serving wine. Especially the ones around here they're pretty nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM

yep! i go to the starbucks in roswell that got approved for the license since it's the biggest in the area.  it's also the busiest so it will be interesting there come this fall. .

Quoting mcginnisc:

Live in Atlanta? It was on the news here a couple of days ago that a Starbucks in Roswell ( if I remember correctly) are now going to have a liquor license. The parents they interviewed were not pleased since their kids go there for study groups with their friends. 

I'll just be sticking with my Skinny Upside Down Caramel Macchiatto...I'm not a big drinker...

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

you live in the area also?

Quoting mcginnisc:

midnghtsprnkle
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

coffee

mcginnisc
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Quoting lizzig:

you live in the area also?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Stockbridge...about 15 minutes south of Hartsfield-Jackson...none of ours were approved that I know about, but I usually hit the one in my Target anyway.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN