Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you volunteer?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 54 Replies
My parents volunteered with us a lot as kids ( we were homeschooled), and I would like to start doing some sort of volunteer project. My daughter is 20 months, so she may not be able to join me yet, but I would like to start now, and hopefully she could tag along in a few years. How do you guys volunteer?
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
koolkidsmom
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

More parents should be like you and you learned from YOUR parents.  That's the way kids learn by example.

koolkidsmom
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Unfortunately I have an acquaintence with a 5 yr old and i have tried everything I can to not throw good clothes that have been outgrown in the garbage so nobody can use them.  I've told her to just make 2 piles of stuff to go and then use two big garbage bags.  Most charities pick up.  I'm the exact opposite and try to pass on anything I dont need to somebody who can use it.  Why would anyone be like this? 

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the PTO President at my youngest kiddo's school, and then I volunteer with MCFTB and Family Readiness on base.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:14 PM

not yet.  every where that i've looked into want children over 10.  mine are going on 5 & 9.  will definately be doing it when they get older.  we do volunteer to help clean up & do some activities around church though.

kgmmw
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I volunteered at my kids school a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Our local food bank has a garden and orchards. my DD (4) actually painted a few of the trash cans in the garden. We were there to help with the gardening project there was few other small kids and the organizers asked them if they wanted to paint the trash bins and they did. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
renijazzysmom
by Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I volunteer for the USO, PTO, PTA, Awana, Sunday school, girl scouts, FRG leader, and my 5 & 6 year olds also volunteer for the USO. My 20 month old comes along with me to everything I do. I love volunteering.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I volunteer twice a month at a local thrift store

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm looking to start a charity that will benefit kids in need (of what, I'm not sure just yet.)
ethans_momma06
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I try to do what I can. we'll see whats up with the PTA this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)