Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come help me out ladies. Just a quick question.

In the toilet in one of my bathrooms there is a brown ring around where the water sits. I don't know if it's because we have hard water or what. The toilet is clean so I know it's not just dirty. I have put scrubbing bubbles in there and scrubbed it and I have tried bleaching it but I can't get rid of that ring. Anyone know any special tricks to get rid of it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (31-37):
Rain2Rinse
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Yep, what she said.

And what does that say about the things coke does to the inside of the body? *gag

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

vinegar & scrubbing , or pour can of coke in , the acid in the coke will attack the stain, just the scrub with brush.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah Im a clear pop kinda woman, stick to sprite or sierra mist..lol

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yep, what she said.

And what does that say about the things coke does to the inside of the body? *gag

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

vinegar & scrubbing , or pour can of coke in , the acid in the coke will attack the stain, just the scrub with brush.

Rain2Rinse
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Good! :)
I read about a study involving pepsin and a human tooth. The pepsi dissolved the tooth on a few days. Turns your stomach, doesn't it?
Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yep, what she said.

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM
gross.lol

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Good! :)

I read about a study involving pepsin and a human tooth. The pepsin dissolved the tooth on a few days. Turns your stomach, doesn't it?

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Yep, what she said.

Quoting midnghtsprnkle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Get sno bol or The Works....

It is from hard water, we have it too. I use The Works and it gets it out. If you don't have there where you live, then find something that is for hard water stains.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

No clue.

amyjane22
by Amy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I would try either vinegar, clr, lime away, or "the works" toilet bowl cleaner.  We have really hard water here and "the works" takes care of it every time...plus, it's pretty cheap :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN