Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have an appointment next tuesday for my yearly gyno appointment.  i just called the office to let them know i'd need to have my iud changed at my appointment, forgot to do that when i made the appointment.  i went to a different office when i got the iud 5 years ago & though the new office is supposed to have all my records from that office we know how things get lost/misplaced at dr's offices.  anyways, i was informed they can no longer, for billing purposes, do a yearly exam & procedure appointment in the same day.  which means i'll have to make another appointment to have the iud changed.  uhg!!  having to make two appointments is not convenient.  hopefully i can get a second appointment while my mom is still here so she can stay with the kids, otherwise they're gonna have to go with me.  i dont' mind taking them to other dr appointments but dont' like taking them to the gyno.  having them sit outside the room while i'm getting the exam isn't convenient for anyone.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

not sure if it's insurance or the office.  i'm going to call my insurance today & see what they say.

Quoting nlonnon:

Gotta love insurance! Hopefully they can get you in quickly.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Crazy.  SOunds like they are out to make money

mereinhart28
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

that stinks!

I had to take my kids to my last appt. (no one to watch them) I had them in the room but up at my head so they couldn't see anything. it was uncomfortable, but it had to be done.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:27 AM

yeah, i've had to do that before when they were too little to sit out in the hall.  i'm not a modest person & have no issue with my children seeing me naked but having them see the exam is a bit different. ;o)

Quoting mereinhart28:

that stinks!

I had to take my kids to my last appt. (no one to watch them) I had them in the room but up at my head so they couldn't see anything. it was uncomfortable, but it had to be done.

powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Wow, sorry to hear that Hun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hfaddis
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM

ugh hope they can situate it quickly

daerca574
by Danya on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM

that is dumb!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN