Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE 2*So.... If my kid swallowed a quarter.... *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post
I went downstairs to get the baby up from his nap, and my son Liam started crying and freaking out so I ran back up and he was all red and saying "quarter in my throat!!" so I told him to try and cough and he couldn't get it out, so I gave him some water and he managed to swallow it down, (phew)!!

It scared us both for a second when it was stuck- but as long as he swallowed it down, there's no reason to call the Dr or anything right? It should pass right through?

Lesson learned about putting non-food objects in his mouth! (I hope! Lol)


**UPDATE**
I called the doctor and they had me feed him some plain bread to be sure it wasn't stuck anywhere, and to just keep an eye on him and call if he starts having pain anywhere.

**** we went to the hospital and got an x-ray. We go in for the results later this afternoon! He had some sharp pains this morning but is fine right now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
Hannahbo
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:24 PM

id call !! dd swallowed a dime and it passed but we did get xrays!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jul. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I would take her in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Oh my ! Hope it comes out ok.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

 Hope he passes it.

powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Whoa! Gl Hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RutterMama
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Update?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Greta on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Keep an eye on him & if it seems stuck, take him in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRMomma
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

 A pickle?? Isn't that what you're supposed to do with them?

Quoting MommeeTo4:

My dd swallowed a pickle and her pedi had me go get an xray.
So I would definitely call.


Quoting Elyssa414:

Yikes! Okay.



Quoting MommeeTo4:

Call the doctor, they can turn sideways and cause intestinal blockage.

 

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Lol no Nickel dyac

Quoting KRMomma:

 A pickle?? Isn't that what you're supposed to do with them?


Quoting MommeeTo4:

My dd swallowed a pickle and her pedi had me go get an xray.
So I would definitely call.



Quoting Elyssa414:

Yikes! Okay.




Quoting MommeeTo4:

Call the doctor, they can turn sideways and cause intestinal blockage.

 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRMomma
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

 ROFL it made me giggle. What is dyac?

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Lol no Nickel dyac

Quoting KRMomma:

 A pickle?? Isn't that what you're supposed to do with them?


Quoting MommeeTo4:

My dd swallowed a pickle and her pedi had me go get an xray.
So I would definitely call.



Quoting Elyssa414:

Yikes! Okay.




Quoting MommeeTo4:

Call the doctor, they can turn sideways and cause intestinal blockage.

 

 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN