Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's on your school supply list for this year?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 32 Replies

In the where do you buy supplies thread, the 50 glue sticks made me wonder...

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM

nothing that big.  a box of crayons & markers for each.  my daughter also needs colored pencils.  folders, composition books, loose leaf paper, glue sticks (4 each), pencils, erasers, pencil pouches, index cards.  that's about it.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM
A backpack for my kindergartener. Their school supplies everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM

For my 1st grader:

1 box of snot rags
24 Yellow #2 pencils (anyone else ever tempted to buy a different color just to be a shit?)
2 Boxs Crayola Crayons (16 or 24 ct)
1 Box Crayola Markers 8 ct. (I bought 10, I'm not paying twice as much for less markers)
2 Composition Notebooks, Black & White Marble. (they're solid black...they'll live)
6 Glue Sticks
3 Pink Bar Erasers
2 Sturdy Folders, bottom pocket 1 red, 1 yellow.

and the 4th grader:

1- 1 1/2" 3 Ring Binder- no zippers or trapper keepers.
4 Divders with pockets for a 3 ring binder
6 Multi Colored Pocket Folders with Prongs
2 packs of loose leaf wide ruled paper.
3 Non Spiral Composition Notebooks- black and white
24 #2 Pencils
2 Glue Sticks
1 box colored pencils
1 box crayola crayons 24 ct
1 pair of school sized scissors
1-12" ruler with metric scale
1 box of snot rags
1 roll clear tape
1 roll paper towels
1 bottle of purell
1 tub clorox wipes
1 box gallon ziplock bags

and for Art
1-12 pack pencils (Can't figure out if they mean colored pencils or regular?)
1 large eraser
1 zippered pencil pouch

I'm going to cry if we're still here when my oldest hits 6th grade, the list for 6,7,&8 is CRAZY.

amyjane22
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Well, we homeschool, so we will buy just a few things that we need.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That would be nice, I'd even pay a supply fee, I hate shopping for school stuff.

Get a good backpack, my oldest went through 6 or 7 in Kindy. Then I bought both Kids Adidas Backpacks, they're spendy at $40-45 but they have a lifetime warranty and are made amazingly well. My kids backpacks both still look new and this will be their 3rd year using them. 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

A backpack for my kindergartener. Their school supplies everything else.

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

the very basic- here the school district supplies everything they need. however we don't have to shop -i got this tip from dad when my girls were little- get a box, buy what you need, plus a few little extras here and there( or right when they do clearance- or the really good sales). the goal is by the time next school year, you won't have to shop, you won't need to run out and get something. i did the same thing for a craft box for the rainny, snow, or just way to hot days.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM
My dd will be starting kindergarten and she only needs two 24 count packs of crayons and a backpack.
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM
i still have no idea...im still waiting on df to take us to the school to get her enrolled. the school here starts aug. 13th...so he needs to hurry, im tired of reminding him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM

My son's is pretty basic for 3rd grade, my dd's kindergarten list is a little heavy though.

2boxes, kleenex, 2 no prong folders, 2 packages of presharpened pencils(48 total), 1 notebook, 6 boxes of Crayola only crayons, 1 box of markers, school box, 2 bottles of only Elmer's Glue, 1 pair of scissors Fiskaronly, 6 glue sticks, 2 pink rubber erasers not Walmart brand, headphones for the computer lab, 1 container of baby wipes, 1 bottle of hand sanitizer, 1 can of playdough (only that brand), 1 ream of copy paper, 1 box of sandwich bags with a slider(any brand, Aren't I lucky lol)1 backpack, and gym shoes.

I don't really mind the list so much, but I do think it's a bit silly to demand a certain brand of things, especially for so many different things.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

No idea yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)