Group Home

Summer Birthday Party -- Part II

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 58 Replies

WOW! What a response! As usual you ladies are brimming with great ideas.

I especially appreciate all the Hello Kitty theme encouragement.

I love the rubber ducky pond idea from Bob192-every kid can take one home!

Slip ‘N' Slide is perfect. Thanks Starryeyedcutie! The babies might not be able to fully appreciate it but there will be older kids that will enjoy it for sure (not to mention my husband).

If anyone is in the market for a mermaid theme certainly check out Kainalu55's photos. They are amazing!

And Gacgbaker said "For the first birthday we always went with a theme that was related to their room theme, then we can use the decorations for the room after the birthday party."

This works for me because her room is Hello Kitty!

Thanks for all the great feedback moms! Check out some more green birthday party ideas:

Instead of plastic utensils and table cloths use fabric, cloth or sheets to decorate. This way they can be used again, or as Gacgbaker suggested hung in the baby's room after the party.

Use real plates and silverware. I know this sounds crazy, but if you don't have to go out and buy disposable it's definitely cheaper. And you're not throwing out used once plastic.

If fabric or cloth doesn't work for you brown paper bag roll is inexpensive, often recycled or recyclable and the best part: put out crayons and markers and the kids are entertained!

Latex or Mylar balloons are expensive and environmental liabilities. Japanese style paper balloons are an eco friendly substitute.

Instead of buying disposable cups buy each kid a sippy cup and put their name on it. At the end of the party they take it home. Now you've addressed sustainable cups AND party favors.

Other great ways to keep your party green and affordable is to send out E-vites instead of paper invitations. Request "no presents, just your presence," or ask guests to wrap gifts in newspaper, comics or fabric or just don't wrap them at all.

Have you thrown an entirely green birthday party, or any party? What was it like?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBabyFactory4
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Nope never did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I wouldn't have enough real plates and silverware for all the guests if I tried to go that route.  I love the sippy cup idea if all the kids coming are small like that!

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I never have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I haven't done that either, not a big party anyway.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have not done an entirely green party but it sounds like a great idea!

daerca574
by Danya on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I usually send out evites or a video message.  It is personal, yet inexpensive.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I haven't done a "green" party before but we have used our own dishes and invited people electronically. lol

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM

no i havent..maybe one day tho

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

We don't do a green party, but at my son's last party almost everyone brought the gifts in gift bags, which are reusable.

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM

no we havent

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie