Group Home

Summer Birthday Party -- Part II

Posted by   + Show Post

WOW! What a response! As usual you ladies are brimming with great ideas.

I especially appreciate all the Hello Kitty theme encouragement.

I love the rubber ducky pond idea from Bob192-every kid can take one home!

Slip ‘N' Slide is perfect. Thanks Starryeyedcutie! The babies might not be able to fully appreciate it but there will be older kids that will enjoy it for sure (not to mention my husband).

If anyone is in the market for a mermaid theme certainly check out Kainalu55's photos. They are amazing!

And Gacgbaker said "For the first birthday we always went with a theme that was related to their room theme, then we can use the decorations for the room after the birthday party."

This works for me because her room is Hello Kitty!

Thanks for all the great feedback moms! Check out some more green birthday party ideas:

Instead of plastic utensils and table cloths use fabric, cloth or sheets to decorate. This way they can be used again, or as Gacgbaker suggested hung in the baby's room after the party.

Use real plates and silverware. I know this sounds crazy, but if you don't have to go out and buy disposable it's definitely cheaper. And you're not throwing out used once plastic.

If fabric or cloth doesn't work for you brown paper bag roll is inexpensive, often recycled or recyclable and the best part: put out crayons and markers and the kids are entertained!

Latex or Mylar balloons are expensive and environmental liabilities. Japanese style paper balloons are an eco friendly substitute.

Instead of buying disposable cups buy each kid a sippy cup and put their name on it. At the end of the party they take it home. Now you've addressed sustainable cups AND party favors.

Other great ways to keep your party green and affordable is to send out E-vites instead of paper invitations. Request "no presents, just your presence," or ask guests to wrap gifts in newspaper, comics or fabric or just don't wrap them at all.

Have you thrown an entirely green birthday party, or any party? What was it like?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I wish I had a summer baby but it always dont work out that way and I am just happy I have her now Winter baby or not!

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM
We haven't done that. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Great article!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I like to use plastic utensils, then wash them to reuse them (as long as they aren't broken).

daerca574
by Danya on Jul. 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I love this idea!

Quoting dusky_rose:

We don't do a green party, but at my son's last party almost everyone brought the gifts in gift bags, which are reusable.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:33 AM
We don't really throw big parties .. even now that my children are older .. so I'm no help :( but we as a family do have a water slide and cook outs for them though .. a few times we have even went skating ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM
We are a large (and still growing) happy family... wherever we go, it's a party, lol. We are very green~living, so yes, green parties for us.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Gift bags are awesome!

Quoting dusky_rose:

We don't do a green party, but at my son's last party almost everyone brought the gifts in gift bags, which are reusable.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I haven't done a green birthday party. We always pick a certain theme the kids are in. Usually I do the whole birthday party for the kids. This past year for my daughter's birthday we decided to let someone else do all the work. There is a place in town called Cookies and tea for me..and it is just exactly what the name is. We had about 12 or so girls from her class come for the party. They got to dress up, have a tea party, put on makeup, do their nails, and put on a fashion show. The girls had a blast...I didn't have to do anything! :)

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Oh and for my son's birthday party we are having the karate place that he goes to do all the work. Should be lots of fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.