Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the bakers in the group **updated

Posted by   + Show Post

i'm on a muffin kick at the moment & my mom & i are trying out new recipes.  freezing much of them to make things easier in the mornings when school starts.  i want to make a cream cheese stuffed carrot muffin but we're having a debate in our house whether they'll freeze ok or not.  i say since they sell cheesecakes in the freezer section the muffins will be fine.  hubby doesn't think so & granma is iffy.  so what do my fellow bakers say?

*****i've looked up this question on line, on several different sites & gotten varing answers.  you can't freeze cream cheese, yes you can, you can but it may change the texture & taste, etc.  so we're going to do a small batch & see how it goes. 

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (11-17):
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Try a small batch

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Cream cheese does not do well in the freezer. Been there done that gross. However if you alter the cream cheese, make it cheesecake id does freeze. Cream cheese frosting does alright but only for a short amount of time. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

i dont know how it would taste but try a few first!

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM
There are those cream cheese filled bagels in the freezer section that are just amazing the cream cheese in those seems ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Cream cheese does not do well in the freezer. Been there done that gross. However if you alter the cream cheese, make it cheesecake id does freeze. Cream cheese frosting does alright but only for a short amount of time. Good luck

that's what i was thinking of doing, making the filling a cream cheese filling.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM

yeah, it's things like that that make me think the muffins may not turn out so bad when frozen.

Quoting deadlights86:

There are those cream cheese filled bagels in the freezer section that are just amazing the cream cheese in those seems ok.

LifeCafe42
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM
give it a shot and let us know!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN