Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your tip to make shopping for household items a better experience?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM
  • 104 Replies
3 moms liked this

We gave moms a $75 gift card and an opportunity to try mygofer.com. MyGofer offers prescriptions, groceries, beauty products, clothes, shoes, electronics and much more!

Check out what our moms bought and have to say about their experience. Then, share your tips on how to make shopping less taxing for a busy mom.

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Check out some of these stories from our influencer moms.

dusky_rose  says:
Since I already shop at Kmart.com, I'm able to sign in with that account. So glad I don't have to create a whole new account with them (but I'm sure it's not that hard to do).

othermom  says:
Here are so many great things on the mygofer site, especially if you are able to pick up in the store. There are tons of items for that option and the prices are very reasonable.

mommyfrey83 says:
I also ordered some new baby towels and wash clothes, a few baby toys and a new pair of lounge pants for myself. I found a code to get 10% off my first order which was exciting because I was able to make my money go further. I also signed up for the Shop Your Way Rewards program through Kmart and am excited to see how it works out. I've not heard much about it before and was a little confused by the website but it sounds really neat and I love earning money for shopping I will be doing anyway. -

momofsixangels says:
I was like a kid at Christmas. I was very happy with my choices. When we went to the store they were very helpful. I was directed to layaway. The merchandise was all bagged up and ready to go. It was so easy. I think a lot of busy Moms will love this. No more having to run around the store trying to find everything you need. This was a smart move on Kmart's part to offer this. Thank-you Kmart and CafeMom for this wonderful experience!!!

Then, read on to see what other moms have to say.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I received my gc today.I immediately went to the site to check out the great deals.I am so excited! There are so many great things to choose from.Tomorrow I am going to take my time and look through all the items.My strategy is to find the best deals and get as much as possible with my gc.For busy Moms shopping online is fast,easy and it doesnt take away as much time from your family as it would to go to the store and shop.And to make it more fun the kids can help you shop and learn about getting a great deal at the same time!

anjones09
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Got my gc Tuesday. So excited! Saving this spot for my update. Thanks for the opportunity Cafemom and MyGofer!

Update: I guess I have to be the debby downer. The website was easy to navigate, if you're on a computer or tablet. I don't recommend viewing it from a mobile device. My Kmart didn't have many options listed on the website, I'm assuming it's because we don't have a very big Kmart, it's a small town. I liked the fact that you could either do store pick up, or they would deliver it to you. I also liked that you could choose to have someone pick it up for you, as long as you provided their name during check out. I chose pick up since I'm rather close to our Kmart. I placed my order on Wednesday, the day after I received the gift card. I received a confirmation email saying my order was ready for pick up, and I even waited an extra hour after the pick up time before heading into town. I got to Kmart and my order wasn't ready. They said they never received it in the system, and told me to come back tomorrow. So .. I headed back to Kmart Thursday to get my order, and guess what .. It still wasn't ready! I know the order not being ready the 2nd time isn't MyGofers fault, but it irritated me. So I patiently waited for them to gather the items. I selected a few grocery items, dog food, diapers, formula, and got my son a My Pal Scout. I will probably try the website again, and next time choose delivery. I can see how convenient the delivery option would be. Thanks again CafeMom and MyGofer!

tifferie
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Geez! Why am I not considered for this?? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyfrey83
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I have been browsing the mygofer site since I was asked to do this influencer. They have so many great products. I can't wait to decide what to get! I'm thinking new towels for sure. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Hi I am Danelle, I got picked by Cafemom to do the mygofer.com influencer. I have not received my gift card yet, but I have gone to the site and looked around and found some items that I would really like to get. It will be very busy here the next few weeks so I won't have a chance to make it to kmart so I am choosing to have the stuff I pick delivered to my home, which does affect the choice of items that are available.

There are so many things on the site to choose from especially if you can pick it up at the store. There are a number of items that can be delivered too, although it is a little tougher to find items to be mailed. They have some great prices too. I look forward to getting my card and being able to place my order . Thanks for the opportunity to do this

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I've never heard of the site. I will have to check it out.

Quoting mommyfrey83:

I have been browsing the mygofer site since I was asked to do this influencer. They have so many great products. I can't wait to decide what to get! I'm thinking new towels for sure. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM

My best tip is to have an organized list.

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I just wanna know how this works ? I've never heard of it until reading this =) ..So if someone wants to quote me or even send me a pm i would be thankful !

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Sue and I live in Washington state. So excited to be chosen for this influencer! Waiting for my gift card so I can try out this service. From what I have seen of mygofer.com thus far, it looks like I can get everything I need for back to school shopping for my 5 year old son David (my son is excited too!). I will post more here when I get my card.

Awesome! My GC came in the mail today (Friday, the 10th). Decided to check out the mygofer.com site some more. Since I already shop at Kmart.com, I'm able to sign in with that account. So glad I don't have to create a whole new account with them (but I'm sure it's not that hard to do). I'm loving that they have an 800 number that calls you if you want and so many departments to chose from. Having a little issue with the site telling me there is only -1 item available when looking at boys T-shirts. I think that means that item isn't available. Probably because they are on clearance though and getting snatched up. Anyhow, I have 4 toddler boy items that they will ship to me in 6 to 10 days for only $6.95 plus cost and three school supply items that I can pick up in the store tomorrow (since it is evening already here). Will post pictures later.

Sunday we went to go pick up the school supply items that were available at the store. We went to the Layaway department (also the mygofer.com area) and only had to wait behind one lady that was doing her layaway. They had the items in back ready to go in this cute little bag. My son is so excited about his supplies that he keeps asking to see them. LOL (There he goes again!)

I also got an email letting me know that the clothing items are already being shipped to me, I can't wait! I'll post a picture of my son wearing his favorite outfit when they get here.

Yay! My son's clothes came in the mail today (Friday, the 17th)! We were both excited and he had to try everything on. Here is a picture of him being a ham as he modeled his new hoodie and jeans two piece outfit. The jeans ran a little wide on him, but its nothing I couldn't take in with a needle and thread.

So excited not to have to go shopping in the store for clothes for him, he hates it. This was so much easier. If I had a choice, I'd do this again for sure.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN