Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What are the must-haves on your BTS shopping list this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a $50 Kmart gift card and a video camera. Each of the influencer moms went to Kmart.com or their local Kmart store in search of their children's back-to-school apparel, supplies and groceries.

From clothing, shoes, backpacks, and stationary items, the below video highlights some of the things our moms bought for their kids. Check it out!

Then, tell us what's on your child's back-to-school list this year!

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
alliesmom112
by Sandy on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

love the shoes!! 

Quoting munchkin79:

Got my gift card in the mail. Will try to go shopping today when the kids get home from school or tomorrow. We already bought our school supplies because today was the 1st day back to school but the kids can really use some clothes so we will see what we can find!

I love going to Kmart because it reminds me of when I was a kid. The Kmart near us has that retro feel to it. My grandparents loved shopping at Kmart! So everytime I go into a Kmart I always think of when they would take me. I found some good deals today. They had buy one get one 50% off on shoes. The t-shirts I got my daughters were only $4.00 each! I also got them both a new pair of jeans and some Oatmeal Cream Pies as a treat. I was given a $50 dollar gift card but ended up spending $68.57 Not too bad considering I got 2 full outfits with shoes. Had I not gotten the shoes I think I could have gotten 4 outfits for about the same price. My girls are not home yet so they don't know that I went shopping for them today. I think that when they come home they will be very happy with what I bought them. I am going to go ahead and post pics of what I got and later when they get home I will post pics of them with their new clothes and their treat!

This is for my 11yr old daughter

And this is for my 4yr old (almost 5yr old) daughter

And these are just Yummy!

They loved the shirts and shoes!

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Congrats to all the mommas that were chosen!! This is Allie's first year in school and I don't know who is more excited me or her. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Whatever is on the list they give me..And for homeschool, ink,copy paper,craft supplies and workbooks...We're doing lapbooking this year along with our Unit study..Should be FUN...

countrymomma81
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Got my card in while I was on vacation. We got back yesterday but since football, cheer and dance will be in full swing starting tomorrow we figured we'd better get it done today. 

We did all the school shopping for the kids before we left for vacation but since the program allowed us to purchase food for back to school, that's what we used it for. My daughter got a Hello Kitty lunchbox and my son got a new pack of underwear. If he knew I was putting that on here he'd have a fit....lol. 

After that we stocked up on little things to put in their lunch boxes and to eat after school. We got Ritz peanut butter crackers, Capri Sun V (3), Turtle Chex mix (3 bags for $3.99!), Granola bars, and a huge container of pretzel sticks (for 4.99). This excited me because not only does my family love pretzels but we plan on cleaning the containter (it's huge!) when we are done and cutting a hole in the top and using it as a bank. We are going to take the label off and put "Vacation fund" on it and watch it grow as we put our change and spare dollars in it. 

I also picked up a pack of Wite Out tape. All in all this came to about $47.00. My shopping experience was nice. We don't get to Kmart often except for around Christmas to make layaway (which we did while we were there. Nothing wrong with starting early!) The store was clean although a bit hot. There were plenty of workers around when I had a question and there was plenty of registers open at checkout. There was no waiting time! I was pretty excited to be chosen for this influencer! Thanks kmart and Cafemom!

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM
We generally do not shop at Kmart because thier prices seem high and thier selection isn't that impressive.
This time was no different. I have 4 children who are school aged. My eldest is in 7th grade so I decided to use the gift card on him. They were very limited on supplies and the selection was low. They were very unorganized and messy. After collecting all his supplies they came to a total of 54 dollars and change.
I didn't even have enough to get any clothing.
I am very disappointed in Kmart.
I purchased school supplies for my 3 other children at Walmart for a total of 54 dollars and change.
I bought way more at Walmart for three kids and spent the same amount for one at kmart and got less.
I purchased all supplies during tax free weekend as well.

Kmart really dropped the ball on.prices and selection.
I will not recommend kmart to my friends for back to school shopping.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
August07Mom
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM

We went this past weekend. I forgot to take pictures, but we got most of the school supplies. They were out of stock on a few things. Also picked up a couple shirts and a pair of jeans. I had one happy kindergartener! Thanks CafeMom!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

There are soe diffrent things this year for the kids, including reams of copy paper, dry erase markers,  text book covers, ect. They also need a few new clothes and both kids out grew their shoes

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Great stuff

Quoting alliesmom112:

love the shoes!! 

Quoting munchkin79:

Got my gift card in the mail. Will try to go shopping today when the kids get home from school or tomorrow. We already bought our school supplies because today was the 1st day back to school but the kids can really use some clothes so we will see what we can find!

I love going to Kmart because it reminds me of when I was a kid. The Kmart near us has that retro feel to it. My grandparents loved shopping at Kmart! So everytime I go into a Kmart I always think of when they would take me. I found some good deals today. They had buy one get one 50% off on shoes. The t-shirts I got my daughters were only $4.00 each! I also got them both a new pair of jeans and some Oatmeal Cream Pies as a treat. I was given a $50 dollar gift card but ended up spending $68.57 Not too bad considering I got 2 full outfits with shoes. Had I not gotten the shoes I think I could have gotten 4 outfits for about the same price. My girls are not home yet so they don't know that I went shopping for them today. I think that when they come home they will be very happy with what I bought them. I am going to go ahead and post pics of what I got and later when they get home I will post pics of them with their new clothes and their treat!

This is for my 11yr old daughter

And this is for my 4yr old (almost 5yr old) daughter

And these are just Yummy!

They loved the shirts and shoes!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM
DD needs a few new things to wear this year otherwise her list is taken care of!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine2plus2
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Thank you so so much!!
We had fun shopping at Kmart! My daughter loved picking out new clothes and her funky new socks! We also got some school supplies and my youngest son got a backpack! We had a great time and it was fun shopping with the kids!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)