Group Home

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What are the must-haves on your BTS shopping list this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a $50 Kmart gift card and a video camera. Each of the influencer moms went to Kmart.com or their local Kmart store in search of their children's back-to-school apparel, supplies and groceries.

From clothing, shoes, backpacks, and stationary items, the below video highlights some of the things our moms bought for their kids. Check it out!

Then, tell us what's on your child's back-to-school list this year!

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (71-80):
jess80
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Darn! I meant to add this photo in when I mentioned their matching shoes. They little ones are bongo brand and actually have lil stars on them and the bigger ones are calista brand. Both girls are very happy with them. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Thanks! I'll go re-read my messages and find out for sure...because I'm not gonna lie, any extra help right now would be great, lol!

Quoting jess80:

They said if you didn't receive it by the 10th I think to let them know and they could track it.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Did you ladies who got a giftcard get an email from CM? I got the initial one to sign up, did so, got one a couple weeks ago asking moms to film their experience but if you didn't want to, they'd still send a giftcard. So, I kinda thought I would be getting one...but so far nothing? Just a little confused over here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Your welcome! I understand about the help. I was super excited that I received the card. I am very grateful for it as are my daughters. They mainly got shoes with it because the supplies were kinda high I thought. It was nice though!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

Thanks! I'll go re-read my messages and find out for sure...because I'm not gonna lie, any extra help right now would be great, lol!

Quoting jess80:

They said if you didn't receive it by the 10th I think to let them know and they could track it.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Did you ladies who got a giftcard get an email from CM? I got the initial one to sign up, did so, got one a couple weeks ago asking moms to film their experience but if you didn't want to, they'd still send a giftcard. So, I kinda thought I would be getting one...but so far nothing? Just a little confused over here...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

That would have helped so much! I've spent about $250 on clothes so far for my 3 boys, & still need shoes & school supplies!

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Monday at 12:50 PM
by Trica on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
AWESOME BUYS,ladies!! My must have is a couple pairs of good shoes&5 or 6 pairs of good jeans for them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mochamamalatte
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I had gotten a card!! Could really use one! My son's birthday and the first day of school are the SAME day this year! Ugh! It's like a double whammy!! And he's SO hard to shop for as he's a bit big for his age! Finding pants is awful! I have to get more on the ball I guess!

jess80
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM

We received the rest of our purchase today from our online shopping spree! Lol my DD had to have this "attitude" shirt which was 7 bucks I live the color and the lace on the back! She got the sparkly shoes to match. The shoes are Kmart version of sperrys I guess. Lol she loves them so that makes me happy. All in all the quality of clothing and shoes seems good. I think that they will last them a little while. Thanks so much for the BtS money cafemom and Kmart! I have let all my peeps on FB know that Kmart has a great selection on clothing and shoes for a great value. I have 487 friends so I spread the word a little ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I was thrilled to be a part of this. This gift card came at the right time. My oldest starts second grade today so we bought her things weeks ago. However,I received word just a couple of days ago that my three year old twins were finally accepted into head start. My son has some developmental delays and really needs it and they don't want to seperate them. We weren't expecting them to get in and didn't budget for it.

Usually this close to the first day,the stores are completely unorganized and there isn't much left. All we needed were backpacks and new clothes. There were tons of backpacks to choose from and great clearance deals on kid's clothes. I wound up with 2 new outfits each for them,each a new backpack and a cute Dora headband for only $56!

Thanks CM and kmart!!!

Gweneveer
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Thank you so much CM and KMart for the opportunity to go back to school shopping!!

I was so excited when I got chosen for this influencer, I got over to KMart the first chance I got!

I have to say I am not crazy about the actual KMart store closest to my house.  Its always, and I mean ALWAYS super crowded, and the lines are always very very backed up.  The store seems to be in disarray most of the time, but I braved it anyway, and Im so glad I did, I got some great deals, and my dd is THRILLED with my purchases!

Here is what I got:

These absolutely adorable sneakers for my dd starting Kindergarten in a couple of weeks...they were on sale for 14.99 and I got the last pair in her size!

Next I got this cute outfit.  I wont be putting the tank on her to go to school of course, but I can definitely put it under something!

The tank and the skirt came to 10.00

Next I scooped up this really cute Monster High T for 8.99.  My dd loves Monster High!

I already purchased a backpack for my dd, but I needed something to pack her lunch in.  Her backpack is owl print, and I came across this owl cooler for only 8.00!  I got the cooler and this cute little storage container to pack cold items like fruit.  It also comes with a freezer pack!

After all this, I still had 8.00 left on the card, so I picked up some markers, folders, a notebook and colored pencils.  All crayola, all on sale!!

Thanks again CM, I enjoyed this influencer VERY much!  Im officially done with school shopping!  yay!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

wow...im seeing some GREAT deals and items here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80