Group Home

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What are the must-haves on your BTS shopping list this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a $50 Kmart gift card and a video camera. Each of the influencer moms went to Kmart.com or their local Kmart store in search of their children's back-to-school apparel, supplies and groceries.

From clothing, shoes, backpacks, and stationary items, the below video highlights some of the things our moms bought for their kids. Check it out!

Then, tell us what's on your child's back-to-school list this year!

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (91-100):
Kbrebs
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Ahh! I almost forgot to make my post!!

Anyways I was feeling really lucky to get picked for this influencer. Not only did I get most of my sons schools supplies for kindergarten at Kmart (pic above), but I got some extra stuff to donate to my church as well! The bummer part is I forgot to take a pic of all the stuff I got together! Add a backpack, more notebooks, pencils, crayons, markers, folders, and scissors. I don't usually shop at Kmart because it just isnt convienent, but it wasn't bad! They had a nice selection and I thought the prices were reasonable. I hadn't been in a Kmart in years before this! My mom actually worked at a Kmart in my hometown for 10yrs. Overall it was spacious enough, the employees were helpful, and it was clean. I enjoyed my expierence shopping at kmart. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM

school supplies, a few outfits, and a pair of shoes!

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I was blessed to part of this program too. I was able to buy everything on the school supply list, plus a shirt that my daughter wanted, all with the $50 gift card. Everything was organized and the girl at the check out was really nice. I will post pictures soon.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I am grateful for my gift card, I enjoyed being part of this influencer.

However, I am sorry to say that the Kmart trip was not that great to us. For 50 we were able to get what is pictured. ALL OF IT WAS ON SALE We were not able to complete the whole school list and I found the prices very high. I was looking at other peoples photos and they were able to get clothes NO WAY! I got my son one shirt, they had very little clothing options, for 15.99 which was the same price as pretty much every shirt in the boys department, not that there were many AT ALL. I could have gotten him a Gap clearance or a Carters not on clearance shirt for that price name brand! The shirt looks and feels cheap, but my son wanted and so we got it.

I was not happy with the Kmart store itself. School supplies are in boxes and buckets randomly placed in the middle of isles. The lot of their school supply items is folders, pretty much all folders and a handful of markers and book bags. The store was dirty, visibly, long lines and one register. The shelves in all departments were unorganized, many displays in the way of the walkways, the store was a mess. Not such a mess that I walked out, but a big enough mess prior to this I did not shop at Kmart and the influencer has not changed my mind and I won't go back.

I have to go to walmart to get the rest of the school supplies and some gym shoes.

All in all, the selection was poor, the store was not clean or welcoming or easy to navigate, and the prices were much higher than say walmart or walgreens. Note I did not use coupons but everything, I mean everything, was on sale and we still spent the entire $50 on this.

I would like to thank both Cafemom and Kmart for providing me this opportunity regardless of outcome. You do big things for us cafemom!

styler7
by Stacey on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM
With our gift card we purchased underwear, bras and socks. My teen asked me not to post a photo of our purchase, as she was embarrassed to have her bras posted online..lol. I have to say.. If it wasn't for this influencer I would have likely never stepped foot into another Kmart. My previous visits, which were years ago, left me unsatisfied with selections. I was blown away with the amount of clothes and will definitely go back to Kmart. Even my 13yr old, who loves shopping at the mall, asked to get some of her school clothes at Kmart! The only issue I had was that there were so many racks of clothing I had trouble fitting the cart through the aisles.
Thank you cafemom!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Looks like some great things!

Monik158
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Quoting CafeMom Team:

We gave moms a $50 gift card and asked them to shop at Kmart.com or their local Kmart store for their children's back-to-school apparel, supplies and groceries. From clothing, shoes, backpacks, and stationary items, see what our moms purchased with their gift card.

Then, tell us what's on your child's back-to-school list this year!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pootersmomi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM

DS needs a new backpack and a new lunch box.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Aug. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

We just need groceries. Online school, can go in jammies! Plus they're sending him all the supplies he'll need

SweetLuci
by Luci on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

A backpack and clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky