Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: What are the must-haves on your BTS shopping list this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms a $50 Kmart gift card and a video camera. Each of the influencer moms went to Kmart.com or their local Kmart store in search of their children's back-to-school apparel, supplies and groceries.

From clothing, shoes, backpacks, and stationary items, the below video highlights some of the things our moms bought for their kids. Check it out!

Then, tell us what's on your child's back-to-school list this year!

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
-42-
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM

So this past weekend was 'school shopping' weekend.

We went everywhere! Our closest K-Mart is about 22 minutes away. We had went to the dreaded Wal-Mart the night before, and I must say, K-Mart was much more organized.

I was going to buy school supplies with my gift card, but a locala place had such good deals, we bought them there.

So we ended up buying the necessities at K-Mart. Socks, underwear, undershirts. 

They had some of them on sale, which  was great. At the end of the day, we only spent 2.41 of our own money for two of each. 

The cashier was a little blah, but who could blame her. I imagine the place was very busy! 

I would much rather go to K-Mart than Wal-Mart. I may start making a point to go there. We browsed almost the whole store just to look, we hadn't been to a K-Mart in YEARS!

Thanks again, CafeMom!

my4littlegirls
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks CafeMom for giving me a chance to review Kmart. Our local one is not even 5 min away. We do go there often for stuff since Target/Walmart/and another Kmart is 20 min away.

We went to the one 20 min away this time since I looked at the shoe selection at ours last week and they ddn't have much of a selection. Ths particular Kmart the school supplies are in the middle of an aisle instead of an aisle itself so it was very confusing on trying to find things in it. (Where as the one we normally go to is quite organized) We did find some backpacks for spares to be at home since my girls already picked out other ones. I found shoes for dd2 for gym and dd4 for everyday wear. I picked up some odd and ends for school supplies. My girls were not too keen on the clothes selection at this one and found that it lacked a little so we didn't get clothes other than the shoes.

I got this stuff for a grand total of $67.98 but with the $50 gift card and a $5 rewards card I got last week when 2 of my girls picked out some shoes then (before we got the gift card) I only paid $12.98 for it Plus I could have used my rewards points for it and paid nothing but I like saving it for christmas.

The shoes were buy 1 get one 50% off. The backpacks were 25% off. Sale prices were great but the selection was kinda a let down.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Aug. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM

We are almost done shopping ;) I just placed a bid on a cute book bag on eBay, so if that goes though we will be pretty much done ;) I would like to get her one more pair of shoes though. 

ethans_momma06
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM

We haven't got a list yet!

jessmomto2boys
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Got the card today, will take the boys Saturday and post my review with pics!! Thanks!! 

collinsmommy0
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Wow! Looks like kids got cool stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandarose
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I was a little disappointed in Kmart with their selections and prices. I went looking today and found that the only supplies that was worth getting was folders. They had them on sale for 20 cents each. Other than that i can get all the rest at Walmart. I am not sure why a 24 pack of crayons has to be $2.00. Anyway. I bought $170 worth of stuff for my son (two pairs of shoes, four pairs of pants, four tshirts) but this is what i got him with the gift card. I will say that the gift card helped with the cost of the clothes. Thank you so much for it. It was very appreciated.

His favorite item was the green shirt. It came to no surprise as he loves green. You can see from the shoes he picked out.

And last but not least, the five folders i picked up. Two are for him and three are for his sister.

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We had a great time shopping at Kmart! The employees were friendly and our items were easy to find. The first thing on our back-to-school list was shoes! I was so pleased to see that there was a sale: buy 1 get one 50% off. There were several of styles for my son & I to choose from, so we were both happy with the two choices. Next came a backpack, and boy did my son luck out here. He got the coolest Spideman back pack and was grinning from ear to ear. Finally we stopped in the clothing section & found a 2 for $8 deal on some assorted shorts/shirts. I thought the motorcycle & puppy graphics were adorable & the motorcycle one is a long sleeve shirt and will be perfect for fall and winter. Overall, there were lots of deals on athletic clothes, shorts, and jeans! There were lots of great styles too! Kmart looks like a great place to get your money's worth on back-to-school items. Thank you CafeMom & Kmart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tbursac777
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously!!!! this was the most awesome school shopping trip I've ever done!! Everything, and I literally mean EVERYTHING was in the center aisle when we got there, no searching for anything! it was all right there, front and center! Which makes things MUCH easier when you are 6 months pregnant, shopping with 2 kids!! thanks so much for the chance to do this!!!

we got ALL my dd's school goodies.. with our giftcard

1 pack of pencils, 2 large erasers, 4 dry erase markers, 2 sets of headphones, 1 pair of scissors, 1 glue bottle, 6 lrg glue sticks, 2 packs of 24 crayons, a school box, 2 rolls paper towels, 3 boxes of tissues, and 1 box of sandwhich bags. phew! got it all!

her school list was crazy this year.. and we got it all, easily! literally were in and out in 30 mins!!! it was awesome! I'll be going back more often!

tifferie
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM
I wish I had gotten a gift card. :'-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN