Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our small town has a number of parks with beautiful (And fun!) playgrounds. Then there are the school playgrounds, which have been updated in the last few years. Our favorite park out of all of our options is one called "Peach Orchard Park."

Doesn't that just sound like somewhere you want to go to?

This park is situated on the edge of the huge lake our town sits on. There is a sandy beach (obviously), a water/spray park, and a playground complete with a zipline. The kids do a rotation between the lake, the water/spray park, and the playground. We have to be on lifeguard duty if they are in the lake, but the majority of the time they split the difference between the water/spray park and the playground, which lets us Moms catch up while keeping one eye on the minions.

Do you take your kids to the park? Or is the park not your thing?

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Quoting copperswifey:

We have nice big swing set in our backyard, but sometimes they still prefer to go to the park so we will take them.  :)

We have one too.  There is something about having to leave home to go somewhere that is so exciting for the kids though, lol.  I also like that at the park there are usually other kids to play with too. 

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM

same here...if we lived closer to one we would be at a park every chance we could get

Quoting dusky_rose:

My son loves going to the park! We need to do that more often.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Our local park also has a water park, that has been great for the kids!

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

our nearest park is just a huge open field, no playground.  There is a nice one, but we don't go often, it's 30 minutes away

Kainalu55
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

that sounds like fun!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Our local park also has a water park, that has been great for the kids!

amy7243
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

We love going to the park.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
They love the park.
alliesmom112
by Sandy on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM

We go to the park at least  once a week. DD loves going to the park and I can get my exercise while dd is playing. And when it is really hot out we have a splash pad at our park 

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I used to take my kids to the park but they are teenagers now and don't have an interest in going to the park anymore.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

We love the park. There are tons of little play areas here in the neighborhood, I take the kids to them all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)