Group Home

Smarter Mom: Time Management

Posted by   + Show Post

This summer has been busy as can be...not so much for my kids (although it is) but for me. Work projects, family obligations, regular household stuff, house and yard projects....it feels like I will never catch up on anything, ever.

Clearly, my time management skills need work. About the only thing I truly subscribe to is "worst first"...getting the most heinous task out of the way first so I don't procrastinate on it; I am also queen of the to-do list. I'm watching the ebbs and flows of my energy during the day and planning tasks accordingly: I'm not focused in the morning but have a lot of "go", so that's a good time to get little tasks like sending invoices, throwing in a load of laundry, and the like out of the way. Running errands is good for when the afternoon zone-out hits, and so on. But of course, I tend to procrastinate and that leads to things like me staying up until 1:30 am to hit a deadline, and then my daughter peering at my face today and announcing I have HUGE bags under my eyes.

So, I'm asking you nice ladies: What time management tips work for you? Do you use an electronic system like Google Calendar or iCal, or a paper planner? How do you keep yourself off CafeMom and Facebook? What time management wisdom do you have to share, and how do you use the time you save?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM

LOL, I love it too. Some of the quests and things make me mad though I'll be like '20 Wood Planks!?? FOR ARROWS?!?! WHAT?!?!" I play on Zynga.com though so I have more than enough Z Friends to send me crap. I wish you could ask friends for more things. :oP

Stupid crack addicting game.

Quoting elasmimi:

How can you call Castleville stupid? I live for it, lol.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I have a big wal calender and I plan my day out as soon as I wake up. and I have to be early for stuff and lie to dh about when we need to do things because he is an hour late for everything no matter what :/

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM
A schedule is the only thing that helps me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I don't have any tips, lol.  I just go with the flow.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Quoting lizzig:

no wisdom from me though.  will be checking back to check out the wisdom of others though.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Oh gosh I am terrible at time management.

malexander2009
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Keep a  schedule and plan appointmemts around wake time.

star33
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:06 PM

i am the world's WORST procrastinator.i'm good at doing the laundry,just not putting it away.i have baskets & baskets in my room as we speak.about to work on them.

i write all appts on  the old fashioned calendar.i am a visual person.i think i will also try using my phone calendar as well.

chiquis
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I have no time management skills at all. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Honestly I just keep a calendar full of everything lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690