Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Health: What Does Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor Say About You?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 163 Replies
8 moms liked this

Warning: This post may make you hungry. Very hungry.

We are almost at the end of National Ice Cream Month. Yup, July is the month honoring that yummy dessert that we all scream for, and it got me thinking about how interesting it is to see what flavor people order.

I am a vanilla fan. Maybe, every so often, I will go crazy and order vanilla chocolate chip, but I'm pretty set with my vanilla. Always being around folks who order butterscotch or coffee or some other "fun" flavor, I thought I was in the minority. But, according to a study done by the International Ice Cream Association (yes, there is such a thing...I know, who wouldn't want to work there?), vanilla is the overwhelming favorite flavor with 92% of folks choosing the solid, white, creamy goodness as their top pick.

Cool facts, but not as cool as this bit of ice cream frivolity - at icecream.com, they have a whole list of what your favorite flavor says about you. Kind of like your horoscope via ice cream flavor. So, what does my love of vanilla say about me:

There is nothing plain about Vanilla. In fact, if you love Vanilla, you are actually a colorful, dramatic risk taker who relies more on intuition than logic. Emotionally expressive and idealistic, you tend to set high goals for yourself, and push yourself to meet and exceed them. On the romantic front, you tend to rely on secure romantic relationships that fulfill your emotional needs while working toward future objectives.

And my dabbles in Chocolate chip supposedly indicate this:

As a chocolate chip lover, you are competitive and accomplished; no victory is sweet without a little hard work. Although you are competent and ambitious in love and work, you are generous with your time and money, never taking your blessings for granted. Your captivating personality makes you a shining star in social situations.

For pure fun, click over and see what your favorite ice cream choice says about you (or your kids or family)!

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does that say about you?

©iStockphoto.com/okea

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:08 AM
3 moms liked this

It doesn't give you many flavor choices. 

Kainalu55
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:15 AM
6 moms liked this

chocolate peanut butter!

Kainalu55
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:15 AM

my favorite wasn't on the list...

Quoting mamadee1971:

It doesn't give you many flavor choices. 

mommylizTB2809
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Same Here.

Quoting Kainalu55:

chocolate peanut butter!

midnghtsprnkle
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:20 AM

love most of the flavors

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Coffee
As a coffee lover, you are lively, dramatic and flirtatious – thriving on the passion of the moment. Because you throw yourself into all that you do, you tend to be over-committed, starting new projects without finishing old ones. You tend to become bored by dull relationships and thrive on new and exciting ventures.

And it is correct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Chocolate!

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM
My favorite wasn't there. I do like those flavors though. I think I want some ice cream today!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by Danya on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I love vanilla, and on occassion just chocolate.

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Mint chip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN