Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Baubles Beyond the Mommy Necklace

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

You may see them everywhere like I do. Around the necks of friends, sisters, coworkers. That little pendant, perhaps a circle, gold or sliver with an initial on it. The mommy necklace I call them. The initial of course, is the first letter of her darling kiddo's name - and there may have two or five little pendants on one chain.

I do not have one.

I want one...but I'm not sure if I want that kind. How should I keep my kiddo close to my heart, on my body every day? (I have been tempted for a nano-second to get a tattoo. Yes, I was staring at Angelina Jolie's tattoo of the latitude and longitude of her kids' birthplaces. And then I realized that I wanted her toned arms, not the tattoo...but I digress.) Made me hunt for a few other options -- I found three options over at Etsy, as I wanted to keep it under about $50.

Option 1: Ring, ring, ring. Nope, not the telephone, folks, but a ring. I could do this cute little one with her initial, slim, lovely. Or these stacked ones, with her whole name or all three initials stamped.

Option 2: Cuff ‘em , Dano. I wear a few bracelets every day, why not add another one with her name or birthday or something? I love this stamped cuff that boldly displays it, or how about this one with it hidden on the inside?

Option 3: Necklace with a Twist. Okay, if I do want to go the necklace route, how about something a little different. Maybe rectangle instead of a circle pendant This one has her birthday in Roman numerals (so cool, right?), and this one has the birthday in three lines and comes in copper, brass or aluminum. A little different, yet still classic.

Do you have a mommy necklace, with initials or birthstones? Any of these strike your fancy? 

©iStockphoto.com/Kameleon007

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I'd love a mommy ring. work isn't conclusive to necklaces
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I don't but I am either going t make me a bracelet or a necklace with their names and birthstones
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I have a birthstone kid necklace and a mother's bracelet with the girls' names in sterling silver blocks and birthstones.

I work seasonally for a jewelry company that does exclusively mother's and grandmother's jewelry, so I have many pieces that I want/love!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I had a mommy ring..Until my babysitter stole it...

AstuteMama
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I don't, but I've been wanting a birthstone ring of my kids. My sister got one for Christmas with all her kids birthstones and it looks really nice.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:53 AM
No I don't. I'm not really interested in one right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I have this necklace from StephieMc on etsy. She has tons of options but this was my favorite.

this isn't my actual necklace, obviously, I have girls. ;)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62070788/sterling-hand-stamped-cup-runneth-over

My DH also got me a necklace with my daughters names in Arabic on one side and English on the other. It's SUPER cool. But you have to go to Iraq to get that as far as I know. ;)

mes_deux_amours
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I don't have a mommy necklace. I wouldn't mind having one at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM

i have a mom necklace, with pink rhinestones, the back says i love you the front mom

fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I have three stars tattooed on my shoulder for my DH and kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN