Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Baubles Beyond the Mommy Necklace

Posted by   + Show Post

You may see them everywhere like I do. Around the necks of friends, sisters, coworkers. That little pendant, perhaps a circle, gold or sliver with an initial on it. The mommy necklace I call them. The initial of course, is the first letter of her darling kiddo's name - and there may have two or five little pendants on one chain.

I do not have one.

I want one...but I'm not sure if I want that kind. How should I keep my kiddo close to my heart, on my body every day? (I have been tempted for a nano-second to get a tattoo. Yes, I was staring at Angelina Jolie's tattoo of the latitude and longitude of her kids' birthplaces. And then I realized that I wanted her toned arms, not the tattoo...but I digress.) Made me hunt for a few other options -- I found three options over at Etsy, as I wanted to keep it under about $50.

Option 1: Ring, ring, ring. Nope, not the telephone, folks, but a ring. I could do this cute little one with her initial, slim, lovely. Or these stacked ones, with her whole name or all three initials stamped.

Option 2: Cuff ‘em , Dano. I wear a few bracelets every day, why not add another one with her name or birthday or something? I love this stamped cuff that boldly displays it, or how about this one with it hidden on the inside?

Option 3: Necklace with a Twist. Okay, if I do want to go the necklace route, how about something a little different. Maybe rectangle instead of a circle pendant This one has her birthday in Roman numerals (so cool, right?), and this one has the birthday in three lines and comes in copper, brass or aluminum. A little different, yet still classic.

Do you have a mommy necklace, with initials or birthstones? Any of these strike your fancy? 

©iStockphoto.com/Kameleon007

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-48):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I have a ring that DH gave me with their birthstones.

RutterMama
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I have a birds next neckalce with 2 eggs.

alliesmom112
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

no I don't have one yet but I do want one 

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:49 AM
I love this.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I have this necklace from StephieMc on etsy. She has tons of options but this was my favorite.

this isn't my actual necklace, obviously, I have girls. ;)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62070788/sterling-hand-stamped-cup-runneth-over

My DH also got me a necklace with my daughters names in Arabic on one side and English on the other. It's SUPER cool. But you have to go to Iraq to get that as far as I know. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 5:15 AM

DS's name in spelled on the silverbsquare beads. My mom gave it to me ... the second strand was a hint:P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I have a "mom" necklace.. but it doesn't do anything for me, just yet. lol.

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i would lvoe to have one with the girls name at least a neclace

she_walk_softly
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I don't have one.maybe when they are grown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN