Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your kids bookbag,

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 64 Replies

Or back packs if you will. What do they use? Do you purchase a new one every year, do you buy a more expensive durable to last some time? what is your maximum year usage for them? 

I only ask this because My oldest is going to 6th grade this year, he will be in middle school for the next 3 years. Normally for elementary school I let them get a new one yearly, we would go to kmart or walmart and let them pick one out. now last year they reused the one from the year before, they were out of caricature ones and they worked well. I decided to get my middle schooler a Jansport, I used one in middle school and highschool and they held up well. My sil ended up going and getting it for him instead,saved me some $$ woohoo LOL. She got it onsale for $30 and its a really nice one.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizzyx4
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM
I am just starting with kids in school this year. I have a kindergartener and a preschooler. They will both get new backpacks. As far as new every year, I will have to wait and see!!

As a kid, we got new every year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM
honestly...i havent decided that part yet lol...depends how much they ruin them through the year. I was given 2 back packs for Hailee, but for now I'll be letting her use the cutest one (lol) its black/blue/white with a butterfly on it. the other one is so plain and boring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Kari on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM
We get a new one every year. This year he got a MMA bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
styler7
by Stacey on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My kids never used the backpacks we got them last year. I guess teenagers are cooler carrying everything by hand..lol. I spend around $20 on them and yes, we get new every year. Ours have to be see through, though.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I this the one that has a life time warranty on it ?

Mechelle01
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM
DS has a bag from L.L. Beam which he got when he went to 1st grade and will be in 3rd this year....worth the money! And it had a life time warranty! DD has a barbie bag to start off her kindergarten year and I will be ordering her a bag from L.L. Beam in a few weeks! These bags they can use size wise until 5 grade at least...love Them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I always got a new one every year..So my kids do...Even my homeschoolers will get a backpack for when we school at the park...

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I believe Jansports do.

Quoting brownhoney21:

I this the one that has a life time warranty on it ?

mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM

After my oldest went through 8 of the cheap walmart/target/Disney store backpacks in Kindergarten. I bought both kids adidas backpacks, lifetime warranties. Yeah they were $45 a pop, but they're 3 yrs old now and still look brand new. Money WELL spent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)