Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Safety Cards !

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM
  • 48 Replies

I am planning my trip to Disney in October and I wanted to have this with us when we go. Best case senario it just becomes a little keepsake for his baby book or something.

I couldnt believe that our local sherrifs office doesnt do them anymore. Infact they asked me to call child protective services and they were asking me if my kid was in the system. I was shocked.

So I went and got a kit online !

Do any of you have them?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM

They used to do a free cd at kid's day and our church carnival here with fingerprints, pictures, and other info on the kids but not anymore :(  My son's hasn't been updated in years and my daughter doesn't even have one!  Need to remedy that...

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I do for the older kids, but they are really old

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I got this for my almost 3 year old. I heard some schools do it , but mine isnt in school yet.

nana9106
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I read something somewhere that I thought was a fantastic Idea.

Take a pic of your child with your phone right before you leave to go to the park each day. That way you have a current pic of him/her/them that shows the clothes they are wearing and how they look right now. It would make it easier for them to be found, if they get lost, because you have every detail. And the bonus is that you will have a picture of them everyday of your vacation :-)

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
We have them done at school every year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

our school does the ID cards.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I love that idea too ! Thanks :)

Quoting nana9106:

Take a pic of your child with your phone right before you leave to go to the park each day. That way you have a current pic of him/her/them that shows the clothes they are wearing and how they look right now. It would make it easier for them to be found, if they get lost, because you have every detail. And the bonus is that you will have a picture of them everyday of your vacation :-)

CafeMom Tickers
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

interesting

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

I do, I got mine from the pharmacy.

mereinhart28
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

That is a great idea!

Quoting nana9106:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN