Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VPK or Voluntary Pre-K....question?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

i looking on there website(for my area) but not seeing anything you have to take them and dropp them off right ? they do not do pick ups and drop offs? i do not drive and my SO gose in at 6am comes home at about 5pm so i have no way to take my little one but this is something i think she really needs (no city bus stops close by or i would do that) dose anyone know if they do ? she is an only child and i want her to get use to being around a lot of kids in a school type environment and i want to see how she will behave so we can work on that at home if need be. i do school here at home but it is just her and i so it is not the same ...

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM

What is VPK?

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Is vpk in the cm dictionary?

Quoting ceciliam:

What is VPK?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinkerxbell
by Emily on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM

voluntary preschool, basically.. It's not a cafemom term. its a half day program I think. They used to have it in FL, and it was free. We moved up to PA and they don't have it here.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting ceciliam:

What is VPK?

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Voluntary Pre-K sorry everyone around here calls it VPK

Quoting ceciliam:

What is VPK?

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Lol! Say first when I saw vpk question in the title I thought she meant the spermicide ha ha... Then as I read it I knew it wasn't about that but still couldn't figure out.what it meant lol

Quoting tinkerxbell:

voluntary preschool, basically.. It's not a cafemom term. its a half day program I think. They used to have it in FL, and it was free. We moved up to PA and they don't have it here.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting ceciliam:

What is VPK?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

We don't have VKP anymore. Why don't you call them and ask them?

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

i was put on hold then it hung up on me so i thought i would ask here going to try to call earlier tomorrow see if can get a hold of someone then and will i wanted to ask other moms? this is all new to me

Quoting dusky_rose:

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I hate when someone hangs up on you when you are on hold. I'd call them back again. Do they have office hours listed on their website?

Quoting thehickinhickor:

i was put on hold then it hung up on me so i thought i would ask here going to try to call earlier tomorrow see if can get a hold of someone then and will i wanted to ask other moms? this is all new to me

Quoting dusky_rose:

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

yea they are open until 6 but have this list as one of the days they are in rolling kids so i am guessing it a mad house they open at 7am so i am going to call then when it may not be so busy 

Quoting dusky_rose:

I hate when someone hangs up on you when you are on hold. I'd call them back again. Do they have office hours listed on their website?

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Quoting dusky_rose:

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Ah, got it:)

I didn't send my son to pre-school, so I'm not sure how any of that works.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Voluntary Pre-K sorry everyone around here calls it VPK

Quoting ceciliam:

What is VPK?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN