Smarter Style: When Was The Last Time You Bought Underwear?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

Take another sip of that tea of coffee, ladies, and settle in. In the mailbag today, we've got an intimate inquiry that we all need to ask ourselves. 

TootyFruity902 asks: I need new underwear - bras, panties, all of it. It has been years since I purchased new underthings. Any advice on buying underwear? Am I the only one who always forgets about buying panties and bras?

You are not alone, TootyFruity. I am sure many of the ladies here are also in that same position. You open the underwear drawer and see mounds of intimates, many which should have ben thrown out months ago.

Why is it hard for many of us to shop for bras and panties? Well, maybe because intimates are, well, intimate. And think about it - a bra and underwear are things you wear every day...it needs to fit and feel good. Finding those that do is a daunting task. 

I've read reports that 85% of women wear the wrong size bra. That is a lot of us not treating "our girls" right, let alone our backs and shoulders. If there are bulges over the top or the side of your bra, if straps or the band digs into your skin, if straps slide down or the back rides up, all of those things are signs that your bra doesn't fit. Same goes for your underwear - if it digs into your hips, if it rides up or if you have VPL (visible panty lines), those panties aren't working for you.

My advice: we should all head to the store and get some new underthings. Go to a store that has a huge selection of bras and panties, all different styles. Don't rely on what you have purchased before...keep your options open to sizes and looks. No one is going to see the tag with that number or size but you, so just grab a handful and try them on until you find one that works.

As far as bras go, look for a bra fitter in your area. It is her job to know what size you are, if you are in-betweens sizes and cups and so on...it is well worth your time to truly find out what bra you should be wearing. Not only will you feel better, you will look better in your clothes. Bring a t-shirt or clingy sweater to the store when you shop too, so you know what the bra will look like underneath. 

When was the last time you bought underwear? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/kellyplz 

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
midnghtsprnkle
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM

its been awhile

erienne06
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM
About a month ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM

A few months ago...I don't wear undies the majority of the time tho..But I wear bras..lol... 

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Few weeks ago. Just underwear, not bras.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Last month when I went to my parents house for the weekend and forgot to pack mine. I bought a 3 pack at Walmart.
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
During Victorias Secrets semi annual sale, I bought 35 pair of undies, and 15 bras.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris1885
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

After my son was born... 20 months ago. I had to get new bras too. I had bruises under my arms. Got fitted for them too. I went from a 34A to a 38B. Talk about not handling "the girls" right!!

fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

When I was pregnant for my bigger bum ;)

powow65
by kimmy on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Bra...... ROFLMFAO!!!!! Idk my own size of bra I am! I DO have to go to a bra fitter! (before I take my step-kids & DD too.)
Undies, um every 6months I buy at least 2 or 3undies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

A few weeks ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: