Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Beyond The Sweatpants

Posted by   + Show Post

We've got a bit of a theme this week. Back to school. Yesterday, it was revamping your morning routine. Now, how about a look at that closet. Why should your kids be the only lucky ones to get a few new back-to-school clothes?

Some of us moms can use a bit of goosing up in the style department (yes, I am raising my hand). Perhaps you rely a bit too much on those sweatpants or those comfy-but-not-so-flattering jeans. I know I get into a rut, toss on what ever is handy (and clean) rushing around, trying to get to the kids ready for school and myself off to work.  As the kids head to the bus in new duds, why not wave good-bye and look kind of awesome as you do it with one of these sweatpant alternatives? Bonus: They can all be paired with something already in your closet:

The Ankle Pants - Channel your inner Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn. Paired with flats and a sweater or t-shirt, the ankle pant just bumps your fashion quotient up 23 notches. Black or khaki in a slim, straight cut looks great on any body. 

The Not-So-Skinny Jean - Yes, I swear by my slim jeans to look sassy, but those trouser jeans they are showing are really jazzing. Add that white button-down or that tank with a cardigan and you have a really pulled-together, yet oh-so-simple look. 

The Easy Dress - Snag an easy dress like this one from Kmart. It can be worn alone with ballet flats or toss on a long cardigan, tights and knee-high boots. Or just the boots. Seriously, it can be worn so many different ways, having a few of them in your closet is an super-easy and inexpensive way to update that wardrobe and leave the sweatpants for the gym and snuggle time. 

What is your go-to item that jazzs up an outfit? What do you want to get this fall? 

©iStockphoto.com/rtimages  

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
momma-flynn
by Greta on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I love lounging in sweatpants but I don't leave the house in them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

i'm not one for "jazzing up outfits" so i'll have to say i don't have a "go-to item".

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I have never tried to jaz anthing up, sad I know

jendawn1
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Me too

Quoting mereinhart28:

my normal outfit is jeans (I like boot cut) and a t-shirt or tank top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

i dont add anything i wear no jewerly or anything. i am a t shirt and jeans kinda person

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I want to get up and get all pretty in the morning .. but I have no where other than the school and back to go :( and even then my morning is filled with morning sickness . I know when I had my first 2 ds's I was always dressing and fixing up .. after the 3rd .. not so much . I'm sure the 4th will put me that much further off my game :(.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Cute shirts and jeans or shorts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Good ideas!

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I want to get some sweaters this year.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I do not really jazz up my outfits lol. I am just a jeans and tshirt kinda girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN