Smarter Mom: Best Homework Apps

Posted by   + Show Post

Oh, homework. Actually, in Kiddo's school, they call it "extended lessons." Have also heard it referred to as "extended work." Kind of doesn't matter what you call it, it needs to be done at home, without the prying eyes of a teacher. Some kids love doing it and have no problem keeping tasks and studying straight, while others need a bit of guidance. Even though I enjoyed doing homework back in the day, I would have loved some of these apps growing up to help me organize, well, me. See if any of these will help your kids -- admittedly, these are for tweens and teens, but you could get it on your phone for your eight year old who is just learning how to juggle studying for quizzes and soccer practice.

myHomework - With a great calendar, you can track classes (a cool thing if your kiddo has a rotating schedule), when assignments are due and more. Bonus: it's free!

iHomework - There are so many ways to use this app. It has a homework tracker, an alert system, as well as a cool way to keep definitions or certain paragraphs from reading assignments, and track to-dos, helpful for long-term assignments or just daily schedules.

Dictionary.com - Really, if you are using the family computer, and your son needs help with an essay or to look up a word, download this app and the dictionary and thesaurus are at his fingertips, literally. Named one of the ‘Top 10 Back-To-School Apps" by Time Magazine, I may get it for my work!

Did you like doing homework as a kid? How about your kids -- do they like it? How do you get them excited about it?

©iStockphoto.com/Eurobanks         

by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-43):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Thanks for the info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyjane22
by Amy on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

There is an app for everything!  

My son will have his first "homework" this year.  We homeschool, but he will have a little work to do on his own every day.  He's starting Kindergarten.

malexander2009
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM

thanks for sharing we have nothing we can use them on but it's still good info to have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: