Group Home

i can't imagine!!!

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM
  • 21 Replies

i just found out that my daughter's teacher from last year was diagnosed with colon cancer in june.  her husband was diagnosed with late stage prostate cancer that has spread to his bones last november.  they have two little boys, the oldest starting kindergarten this year & the youngest born last november around the time her husband was diagnosed.

i can't imagine what they have been going through these past few months!  she is very positive about her situation & her husbands.  she is determined to get well & positive he will also, as she said she is not leaving her boys!   

my daughter is upset by the news.  she knows that cancer is not a death sentence, my father was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in november of '10 & he's been in recovery since last summer, but i think she is more upset for the boys. 

teachers & staff at the school have set up a meal schedule till the end of august to help them out & they have had various family members staying with them to help out.  a few that also have side businesses of selling jewlery & such are going to do various fundraisers throughout the year & donate their profits to the family.

i would love to do something with my daughter & other former students to help the family.  even if it is just sending handmade cards.  anyone have any ideas of something i could get students involved with?

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM
wow thats so sad :( i take it they're both kinda young with them having little kids? i hope the kids dont grow up without their parents :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Get squares of white cotton fabric and have the kids decorate them with fabric markers, then you can sew the squares into a quilt.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM
That is terribly sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Have a bake sale and donate the profits.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I like the quilt idea, you can always have different classes make cards to give her. Or you can give them all a piece of paper and put them in a binder to make a memory book.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Handmade cards would be the best. My entire school did that for my mom when she was shot back when I was in 1st grade.
chiquis
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM
How sad =\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiquis
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I also love the quilt idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I like this! How sad! I hope they pull through this!

Quoting heydooney:

Get squares of white cotton fabric and have the kids decorate them with fabric markers, then you can sew the squares into a quilt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci