Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you barely Scraping By

Posted by   + Show Post

each month or do you have plenty of money to pay everything?

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Replies (51-60):
angevil53
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

we'd have a heck of a lot more if we'd stop eating out two or three times a week, sometimes more. we pay all our bills first though so that's never a problem but i'd like to have more than a grand in cushion if i could.

chrissydan
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Struggleing a tad bit right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
So very sorry :( check out churches for school supplies. I know our church in conjunction with the archdioses is collecting supplies. One less thing you'll have to worry about.

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

Life is bad right now.

I was able to get stuff for the kids to eat sandwhiches for a few days.

I have no clue how I am going to do school supplies or birthdays. All of their birthdays are in July, August and October. There are six of them.

The husband left us all and I am trying to find a job. Any job.

Hopefully, things will turn around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM
We own our own business so it can be feast or famine just depends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflykiss10
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I get by, Thank God for end of the season clearance sales, Dollar Tree, and coupons.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

We are getting better

lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

behind usually :/ our son has way to many medical bills to ever be current on anything and we have only rent and electric plus the car to pay

dawnjohnson5
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I will definitely look into that.

I am going to call the school administration on Monday to see if I can talk with anyone.

Quoting nlonnon:

So very sorry :( check out churches for school supplies. I know our church in conjunction with the archdioses is collecting supplies. One less thing you'll have to worry about.

Quoting dawnjohnson5:

Life is bad right now.

I was able to get stuff for the kids to eat sandwhiches for a few days.

I have no clue how I am going to do school supplies or birthdays. All of their birthdays are in July, August and October. There are six of them.

The husband left us all and I am trying to find a job. Any job.

Hopefully, things will turn around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FUNJILLY
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
bad fir me. was laid off August 2, 2010 as a dental asst. cannot find another dental assisting job. ran out of unemployment. clean houses when i can get the work (which is about once a month). mom has paid my bills for 3 months. only have rent, water bill, and electricity and gasoline. have given up every thing else except cell phone. haven't seen television since April. only entertainment is borrowing DVDs from the library. BUT had 2 promising interviews on Thursday! retail, but hell I'll do anything. I clean toilets. Don't care. Just want to be able to pay my bills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We're not making it. I'm looking for work. My husband is supporting us all and my mom who is looking for work and he's making three dollars an hour less than he used to. We need jobs NOW or we could have to lose the house in a few months. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN