Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you guys feel about the Chick-Fil-A thing? I'm really trying to live better and go for a tolerant approach because I just see so much negativity and hate running through this issue. I know that a lot of people turned out for the "Appreciation" day and a lot of people boycotted. I was hoping some people might be willing to give their reasons.

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
DawnPratt23
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:17 PM
He has every right to say his beliefs, and every right to spend money HIS company makes in a Free Market how he chooses. And the free speech, the whole don't say Merry Christmas crap is old.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Who's freedom of speech was denied? 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Well denying the basic freedom of free speech is a violation. Supporting anti Christian, anti troops, you tell does your companies support ALL marriages? Incest, brother/sister, etc? Or just gay marriage? They don't support a person to do with their money as they please. Did you buy gas last month?? You supported the slaughter of gays because of worse religious beliefs than traditional marriage.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Why yes it does!  big smile miniAre they also donating to groups that work toward deny people basic civil rights?  Do tell!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Does the same apply to Mac Donalds, Tyson, and Pepsi?? Many companies use profits to lobby for what they alone believe, regardless of their customers.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Shawna on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I didn't go to CFA, but not because I didn't want to support them, but because the line was so long all day long that my hunger would not allow me to stand in line for an hour or more.

My support for CFA has nothing to do with their religious beliefs, which I don't agree with.  The Cathy's have the right to believe what they want to believe, just like I have my right to believe what I want.  What groups they choose to make charitable donations to, I feel, is no one's business.  Just like it is no one's business which groups I decide to make charitable contributions to.  It's MY money, I'll give it to anyone I want to.

Because of our rights and freedoms in this country states shouldn't be trying to keep legitimate, legal businesses from opening up in their states.  Their beliefs have nothing to do with chicken.  When I go to CFA, I'm there for the chicken.  But those who choose not to go there.....awesome, that's your right.  But don't call those who want freaking good chicken, haters.  I don't hate anyone, but hypocrites.  All the ugliness that is going on is coming from those who are trying to get everyone else to boycott. 

And finally.....each CFA is franchised and run by an owner/operator that lives in your community.  These owner/operators put their own money and sweat equity into running their restaurant.  They employ people who live in your community.  They give tons of money away....locally....in your community, especially in support of your children's schools and many other programs that are for children.  Boycotting CFA is hurting your neighbor who works there or is the owner/operator.  It hurts your child's school and your local YMCA who uses the contributions from CFA to fund scholarships for children to go to their after school program or the family who lost their income to be able to go there. 

Iconoclast
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Do we know what he said?  Yes! Then his free speech wasn't infringed upon!  Did he donate company money to different groups?  Yes, again!  I'm not sure if you know of not, but it is August.  And your responses are out there, you okay?  I wouldn't want Christmas crap, but that's me.  Merry Christmas!big smile mini

Quoting DawnPratt23:

He has every right to say his beliefs, and every right to spend money HIS company makes in a Free Market how he chooses. And the free speech, the whole don't say Merry Christmas crap is old.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Well denying the basic freedom of free speech is a violation. Supporting anti Christian, anti troops, you tell does your companies support ALL marriages? Incest, brother/sister, etc? Or just gay marriage? They don't support a person to do with their money as they please. Did you buy gas last month?? You supported the slaughter of gays because of worse religious beliefs than traditional marriage.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Why yes it does!  big smile miniAre they also donating to groups that work toward deny people basic civil rights?  Do tell!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Does the same apply to Mac Donalds, Tyson, and Pepsi?? Many companies use profits to lobby for what they alone believe, regardless of their customers.

Quoting Iconoclast:

DawnPratt23
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I'm perfectly fine thank you. And if you can't see the larger issue of legalizing marriage for all then that's on you. I know first hand the larger picture, and the groups actively waiting for a supreme court ruling legalizing all marriage. I spent time working in DC on this exact issue, you probably haven't.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Do we know what he said?  Yes! Then his free speech wasn't infringed upon!  Did he donate company money to different groups?  Yes, again!  I'm not sure if you know of not, but it is August.  And your responses are out there, you okay?  I wouldn't want Christmas crap, but that's me.  Merry Christmas!big smile mini

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I see the larger issue of denying someone civil rights based upon another's religious beliefs.  If you can't see that, then I don't know who can help you.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I'm perfectly fine thank you. And if you can't see the larger issue of legalizing marriage for all then that's on you. I know first hand the larger picture, and the groups actively waiting for a supreme court ruling legalizing all marriage. I spent time working in DC on this exact issue, you probably haven't.

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

ethans_momma06
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Certainly some interesting perspectives in here tonight! Lemme catch up...

DawnPratt23
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM
So you live in a country that actively denies civil rights to women, young girls, and gays and you are going to have an issue about someone not supporting marriage to everyone? Alright, it is you who needs help.

Quoting Iconoclast:

I see the larger issue of denying someone civil rights based upon another's religious beliefs.  If you can't see that, then I don't know who can help you.

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Quoting Iconoclast:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
friendlymom5
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I agree with thier stance. But they also don't exclude or put others down. I wish we had one here. Everyone is allowed thier own values. Even if it goes agianst the masses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:12 PM

List those rights that are being denied, let it be known!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

So you live in a country that actively denies civil rights to women, young girls, and gays and you are going to have an issue about someone not supporting marriage to everyone? Alright, it is you who needs help.

DawnPratt23
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Women have to be with a male relative, young girls married to old men because they are their fathers property! Are gays allowed to marry or be out over there in the middle east? No they aren't. Never mind the acceptance of honor killings over there. Aren't those violations of basic civil rights? Or are those ok because those are cultural?

Quoting Iconoclast:

List those rights that are being denied, let it be known!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)