Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any PTA moms?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
I am going to do some reading, and see what is involved, but I think I would like to join the PTA. Any PTA moms in here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM

No, I thought about it but the pta moms at the elementry school are too stuck up.

Rain2Rinse
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Lol, aww!

I really feel that I need to take on a very active role at her school, because I am so worried about her going.

Quoting Leelee1008:

No, I thought about it but the pta moms at the elementry school are too stuck up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

It really does vary greatly by school.  I'm very involved with our school's PTA and I know that it isn't for everyone.  I'm always surprised at how different things are from school to school even in the same area.

This will give you some more information on the organization itself.

http://www.pta.org/about_pta.asp

Rain2Rinse
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting steelcrazy:

It really does vary greatly by school.  I'm very involved with our school's PTA and I know that it isn't for everyone.  I'm always surprised at how different things are from school to school even in the same area.

This will give you some more information on the organization itself.

http://www.pta.org/about_pta.asp

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I wanted to last year, but the meetings were on the nights my hubby had class. I volunteered every Tuesday and I attend the Children's First meetings at my daughter's school. This year I plan volunteering again and hopefully joining the PTA.

lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

My ds is just starting school this year but this is something i would like to do. I want to be very involved in his school

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

They built a new school right across the road from us, the school that my children went to before was my old elementry school, it was awesome. The PTA was great as well and I was considering joning that one. They switched the feeder pattern and my kids had to go to the new school. I checked the pta out at the new school and the moms were just way to stuck up for me. Membership is down, when they get new members they do not like to hear any of their advice or ideas, so people drop out. Its sad because the school needs fresh ideas.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Lol, aww!

I really feel that I need to take on a very active role at her school, because I am so worried about her going.

Quoting Leelee1008:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
i'm not..but i read on the school site if you want to be a pta mom, you have to pay for it? weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

No. I am not going to sign up.

lwalker270
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting proudmommy690:

i'm not..but i read on the school site if you want to be a pta mom, you have to pay for it? weird.

You have to join to be a member of the PTA, but when my son was in K, I volunteered without being a member.  I think dues are $6 at our school this year.

I co-chair the Hospitality committee with another mom.  I LOVE her, we really clicked when we met and have gotten to be really close friends.  There are some women that are very type A and a little over-the-top, but I just remember I'm there for the kids and really try to let it roll off as much as possible.  The rest of the ladies are fine.  

It's a great way to get to know the staff and administration of the school.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN