Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Budget?!!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 49 Replies

With times being so tough right now for a lot of people, including myself, do you follow a budget or live paycheck to paycheck?

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM
We're paycheck to paycheck. It sucks, but dh is desperately trying to find a better job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Kari on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM
We live paycheck to paycheck but I think if I would set a budget we might actually could put a small amount in savings. I really need to do that and pay attention to what we are spending and where. Like for example at my Sons football games we always take my younger son to concessions if I would just remember to take a small cooler we could save money there. I have really been thinking of all the ways I could save lately so hopefully I can get better about actually doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:47 PM

We follow a loose budget. We were able to build our budget pretty realistically, so most of the time it's not difficult at all.

NakitaMarie
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Well since I had DD my DH lost his good paying job and had to take a job making 9 dollars an hour. I couldn't work due to not being able to afford daycare. I didn't head back to work until DD was 2. I have a job now where I can bring DD to work with me so no daycare. DH just got a job at the mill that pays 23 an hour. We are now trying to play catch up from the 2 years I was without a job. We sat down and did a budget last week and once we get all caught up with our bills we should be able to, without including groceries and gas, have over 2000 left over from both of our checks a month. I went from working 90 hours a week, I called off the day my water broke, to not working at all, so it has been a up and down roller coaster this  year. Hopefully with DH's new job we will be able to get on our feet and save up some money!

thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

things are getting better really slowly never see my SO because of it but pay check to pay check right now 

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Our budget is paycheck to paycheck. we do have a small savings but we pretend it isnt there. We are living on bare miniums.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM

we dont follow a budget exactly but are always conscience of how much extra we have or dont...

slw123
by Shawna on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:20 AM

We have a budget.

mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Budget.

roxxyt
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
We own a business so we go according to the jobs. Sometimes it's really good and sometimes not. No budget though. We have everything we need so as long as the bills are paid its good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)