Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Work It' for Back To School: Top Fall Trends for Boys

Posted by   + Show Post

This Back To School season is not about shy neutrals.  It's about getting noticed with laid-back confidence. The 'look' is created with standard graphic t-shirts paired with button-up plaid shirts or graphic hoodies for a relaxed style with a hint of edge.  Start by combining high-contrast colors and prints that will give off an eclectic 'I just threw this on look.'  Don't be afraid to mix and match – this trend gives extra points for taking risks.  Complete the look with some accessories your boys will thank you for-- like headphones for the bus ride and a skateboard for afterschool – all brought to you by Kmart's stylish and affordable Back To School collection.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Headphones  3 Boys Graphic Tees  4 Boys Denim  5 Boys Flannel Button-Downs  6Boys Shoes

Your boys will obviously live in denim—that's one trend that's not likely to change anytime soon.  Look for super-dark or gray wash jeans in keeping with Back-to-School’s bold color scheme.  On the other hand, chinos in gray, khaki or black readily meet standard school dress code requirements.  
Lastly, backpacks, hats and some light accessories are also a great way to ensure that his look will be unique and all his own.  Remember: the key is for him to have the 'of-the-moment-look' that makes him ultra-confident, but also showcases some of his own personal style.

1 Boys Graphic Hoodies  2 Boys Denim  3 Skateboards  4  Boys Hats  5 Backpacks

Shop All Back To School!

WHICH OF THESE LOOKS COULD YOU SEE YOUR SON IN ON HIS FIRST WEEK BACK?

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
:(

Quoting crabbyD:

My boys have to wear uniforms for school :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM
lol

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

It would be fine if that one boy wasn't wearing highwaters lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Why? To me, they are easier!

Quoting Supervane:

I have the hardest time shopping for my God son and nephew. I always feel so conflicted when shopping for boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Because the options are so limited. It's either shorts or pants, and the shirt is either a button down, polo, or a t shirt! Sure the style will vary a little but the concept is the same! With girls you have skirts, dresses, skorts, shorts, pants, capris, Bermudas, jumpers, overalls, tanks, tunics + leggings, layer tanks, halters, and tons of options with shirts. I find it harder to shop when I don't have as many options. When I shop for my nephew our God son I will go to at lest 6 different stores before I come up with something. My nephew is 2 and my God son just turned 13

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

I have the hardest time shopping for my God son and nephew. I always feel so conflicted when shopping for boys

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM
I guess I'm strange then. It's easier because the options are more limited. No trying ten outfits out just to find they don't like one of them. With my boys (sixteen, ten, four, and two) I just make sure we have the right sizes, then buy pants/shorts, shirts, then we're done.
In fact, as long as you know their "style" I find that its much easier with boys.

Quoting Supervane:

Because the options are so limited. It's either shorts or pants, and the shirt is either a button down, polo, or a t shirt! Sure the style will vary a little but the concept is the same! With girls you have skirts, dresses, skorts, shorts, pants, capris, Bermudas, jumpers, overalls, tanks, tunics + leggings, layer tanks, halters, and tons of options with shirts. I find it harder to shop when I don't have as many options. When I shop for my nephew our God son I will go to at lest 6 different stores before I come up with something. My nephew is 2 and my God son just turned 13

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

i like those looks alot! i still need to get ds clothes

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM
See just shopping for sizes that's no fun. Girl clothes is just so much more prettier. And like I said the options are endless. I also have a 13 year old God daughter I love it when I get her during school breaks, we can shop anywhere and find super cute stuff. For her bday which was in April I found her like 10 tops at the Hollister and another bunch at the aero. All super cheap on Clearance to. With a girl I don't have to think about it because it's all so pretty and cute. And no matter where I go I will find something amazing. With a boy I always wonder is this it or does another store have something better. That's why I'm always paying attention to the post that recommend clothes for boys.

Quoting celestegood:

I guess I'm strange then. It's easier because the options are more limited. No trying ten outfits out just to find they don't like one of them. With my boys (sixteen, ten, four, and two) I just make sure we have the right sizes, then buy pants/shorts, shirts, then we're done.

In fact, as long as you know their "style" I find that its much easier with boys.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Interesting ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

We're polar opposites.  I hate to shop.  Happy I have boys then, lol.

Quoting Supervane:

See just shopping for sizes that's no fun. Girl clothes is just so much more prettier. And like I said the options are endless. I also have a 13 year old God daughter I love it when I get her during school breaks, we can shop anywhere and find super cute stuff. For her bday which was in April I found her like 10 tops at the Hollister and another bunch at the aero. All super cheap on Clearance to. With a girl I don't have to think about it because it's all so pretty and cute. And no matter where I go I will find something amazing. With a boy I always wonder is this it or does another store have something better. That's why I'm always paying attention to the post that recommend clothes for boys.

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Yup I've always said I rather have 10 girls than 1 boy. I'm glad my only child is a girl!!!

Quoting celestegood:

We're polar opposites.  I hate to shop.  Happy I have boys then, lol.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN