Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder on Tuesday, they said my doctor should have the results by Friday at the latest... I can't stand this pain anymore, I can barely drink water at this point. Should I call the doctor's office and see if they got the results back yet? Or should I wait until tomorrow to hear back from them?

Update: I called earlier today. They confirmed gallstones, and now I have a followup in the morning.

Update 2: I went in this morning and saw the surgeon. Unfortunately the soonest they can get me in is the 28th.. Hopefully I can last that long, I should be able to. Anyway, I have 6 large gallstones. The surgeon was almost admiring my gallstones, it was kind of amusing. He was kind of excited about how big they were! My husband of course wanted me to keep them but the surgeon said they don't do that anymore (thank God!). 

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
lillucky8
by Jen on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Id call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM
THIS!!!

Quoting styler7:

If I was in serious pain, I'd call.

Hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StudentofLife
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Give them a call if you're in pain. They might have them and they might not be processed yet and they could put a rush on it.

I hope that you get some answers and the pain stops.

tinkerxbell
by Emily on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I have a high pain tolerance, I can deal with the pain as long as I don't eat. But I'm not going to the ER for it, I already know whats causing the pain and I don't think I need to go to the ER just for pain. I'm only going to the ER if I get a fever or vomiting from it... I called though, they said its definitely gallstones. I didn't go to my regular doc for it though, I need a new one. He wouldn't have ran any tests and would have just sent me to a surgeon anyway. So I just cut out the middle man and went to a surgeon, he's the one who sent me for the ultrasound.. I have a follow up in the morning now.

Quoting campingmomof4:

I just had my gallbladder out in April.  I had the ultra sound done from the family doctor and they told me the results over the phone.  Gave me a name and # of the surgeon to call.  I called and made an appointment right away. 

Both doctors offices told me if the pain got to much to bear go straight to the emergency room.  The surgeon would be called and see me in the hospital to take it out right away.  

I was ok and able to handle the pain for 3 weeks until they scheduled the operation.  

If you are in that much pain go to the emergency room don't wait. 

tinkerxbell
by Emily on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM

the pain comes and goes, I know whats causing it. no point in going to the ER unless I get a fever or start throwing up.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

If you are having pain that bad you need to go to the ER!

critter_boo
by Sarah on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Good luck I had my gall bladder out at 14
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
campingmomof4
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Good  luck.  It took me 2 weeks after I seen the surgeon to get a date for surgery.   Hopefully your can be scheduled quickly.

Quoting tinkerxbell:

I have a high pain tolerance, I can deal with the pain as long as I don't eat. But I'm not going to the ER for it, I already know whats causing the pain and I don't think I need to go to the ER just for pain. I'm only going to the ER if I get a fever or vomiting from it... I called though, they said its definitely gallstones. I didn't go to my regular doc for it though, I need a new one. He wouldn't have ran any tests and would have just sent me to a surgeon anyway. So I just cut out the middle man and went to a surgeon, he's the one who sent me for the ultrasound.. I have a follow up in the morning now.

Quoting campingmomof4:

I just had my gallbladder out in April.  I had the ultra sound done from the family doctor and they told me the results over the phone.  Gave me a name and # of the surgeon to call.  I called and made an appointment right away. 

Both doctors offices told me if the pain got to much to bear go straight to the emergency room.  The surgeon would be called and see me in the hospital to take it out right away.  

I was ok and able to handle the pain for 3 weeks until they scheduled the operation.  

If you are in that much pain go to the emergency room don't wait. 

amy7243
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hope you feel better!!!

slw123
by Shawna on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Oh good, you got some results.    Good luck!

KristinRox
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I hope they are quick with getting you fixed up. Im sorry youre in that much pain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN