Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We will finally get to meet DD's teacher. She is starting Kindergarten this year. She is already so excited about going to school and we are so freaking nervous lol. My DH and I are taking her to school and then he will be going to work. Our tax weekend is next weekend so we are going to load up on clothes for her then. 

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I'm sure she will too, but I am worried about her little sister. Lilly has always had her Shylah around to play with.. 

Quoting lil_mama06:

I know I don't have the patience to teach 4 at a time..Those were doozy days...So that's when the one's that wanted to go to public school went..And the one's that want to homeschool, homeschool..I have 2 this year...I'm sure your dd is going to have a blast...

Quoting ashleymosq:

I thought about homeschooling, I just don't have the patience for it though. I bet your LO will love having you for a teacher.

Quoting lil_mama06:

Awww...That is an exciting time....I have one starting Kinder too...Only I'm her teacher...May she have TONS of fun this year...

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I don't know who her teacher is yet. The one thing I am not worried about is the bus though. She will have the same bus driver I did when I went to school. He was also my 6th grade social studies teacher. He is strict but fair, and very nice. The first day DH and I are going to take her, but she will have to ride the bus home.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Our open house for my dd(also starting kindergarten this year) is on the 20th.  We already know her teacher's name and room number.  I'm more nervous about the bus but, she is so excited.  She's going to be so tired though, we have all day kindergarten!!

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Well, she did preschool last year and loved it. Kindergarten isn't full day here, so it's not going to be much of a transition for her. She is very excited. However, she will be taking the bus, which I always said would never happen, but I decided to let her take it.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Are you completely freaking out yet? lol... I am just worried about how she is going to handle going all day gone... 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

My DD is starting kindergarten too ;)

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Good luck!!! My oldest started yesterday...and my youngest started homeschool yesterday...i love my oldest sons teacher...my youngest ones teacher is a nut job and talks to her self...lmao!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Our preschool you have to be special needs, low income, or military in order to qualify, so DD didn't go last year. Our kindergarten is all day though. As for the bus, the only reason I am ok with it is because she will have the same driver that I did when I went to school.

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

Well, she did preschool last year and loved it. Kindergarten isn't full day here, so it's not going to be much of a transition for her. She is very excited. However, she will be taking the bus, which I always said would never happen, but I decided to let her take it.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Are you completely freaking out yet? lol... I am just worried about how she is going to handle going all day gone... 

Quoting Luvmybooskies:

My DD is starting kindergarten too ;)

GeorgetteJ
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I don't meet James' teacher until the morning he starts! :(

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

We don't meet our teachers till August 16 and then the kids start on August 20.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM

That's neat that she gets the same driver!!  I went to highschool here but, graduated 13 years ago so, not sure who the drivers are now!!

Quoting ashleymosq:

I don't know who her teacher is yet. The one thing I am not worried about is the bus though. She will have the same bus driver I did when I went to school. He was also my 6th grade social studies teacher. He is strict but fair, and very nice. The first day DH and I are going to take her, but she will have to ride the bus home.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

Our open house for my dd(also starting kindergarten this year) is on the 20th.  We already know her teacher's name and room number.  I'm more nervous about the bus but, she is so excited.  She's going to be so tired though, we have all day kindergarten!!

dolphingurl1286
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:12 PM
My daughter starts school on the 22nd and her back to school night is the night before. Her and I are really excited. I just can't believe she is old enough for school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM
We meet dds teacher that day too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)