Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 toy boxes! update she as 2...

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 51 Replies

that is how many my little one as ! i sent her to her dads with one he came back with 3 and i know he as a lot more toys still at his house if you count her out side big toys and her inside big toy for one kid it is an over load of toys i think anyway. so the next few weeks i am going to watch what she plays with right now put it in one box save some in another 1 maybe 2 boxes so i can pull them one out when she gets bored with the one she is playing with right now. then give away a lot ! i think i am sticking with the plan of getting her a few little toys for xmas but get her the fish she as been asking for and that is it. this is way to many toys you think i was running a day care!

one of the boxes had not been opened since she lift for her dads when i opend it to go threw it it was covered in mold not sure how it got in there :( good thing it was not her fav toys but i feel bad now

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM
thats a lot of toys! my kids have that much, if not more but most of its in storage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM
My son has 2 toy boxes. One is for big toys and the other for little. He has a crate in the living room as well. I just went throught them and threw out all that were broken. And gave away a box for stuffed animals and toys he doesnt play with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM

but you have kids i have one lol if i had more then one child i could understand haha but her daddy likes to buy her things and i do to but my income is a little more limited then his lol but really the way he buys toys i have no need to buy her any lol the same with clothes he buys and buys to the point she dose not get to ware everything she as before she out grows it . he as always said it is his job to give her everything she needs like clothes and food and toys ect and as much love as he could give her when my job is to teacher her and love and support her no matter what so i do not know what i am always in sock of what he buys her lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

thats a lot of toys! my kids have that much, if not more but most of its in storage.

thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:19 AM

i hate stuff animals lol she loves them so getting her to let go of a few is hard but we are working on it lol

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

My son has 2 toy boxes. One is for big toys and the other for little. He has a crate in the living room as well. I just went throught them and threw out all that were broken. And gave away a box for stuffed animals and toys he doesnt play with

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM
He just had too many!!

Quoting thehickinhickor:

i hate stuff animals lol she loves them so getting her to let go of a few is hard but we are working on it lol

Quoting Bradensmommy719:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM
That's a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It's amazing how fast they pile up. 

Nathans_mom0612
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM
My kids have 4 in their play room, 3 in the basement and 2 outside. I already told my husband no toys for christmas. So we are going to have to get creative.
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Wow.Time to purge?

I purge toys all the time. My kids only play with stuffed animals and Monster High. Pretty much everything else went in the last purge. If they don't play with it, it's not staying in the house.

thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:02 PM

yea like i said in the post i will be watching to see what she really dose play with and put those in one box save some for when she gets bored or something brakes i can replace them she will not play with stuffed animal she likes them tho to lay on and stuff i hate stuffed animals myself lol

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Wow.Time to purge?

I purge toys all the time. My kids only play with stuffed animals and Monster High. Pretty much everything else went in the last purge. If they don't play with it, it's not staying in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)