Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Um....would you use it?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM
  • 17 Replies
http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/melanie-parentingcom/nestle-launches-high-tech-baby-formula-machine

Do you love how you can just whip up a latte in your Nespresso machine? Now you’ll be able to make up a bottle just as quickly thanks to Nestle’s launch yesterday of the BabyNes system, a high-tech infant formula machine.
Plus: Real Mom Breastfeeding Stories 

Now gadget-loving parents of formula-fed babies can skip the drudgery of scooping formula from a can into a bottle, mixing with water, and shaking—the BabyNes system offers single-serve capsules of formula (which each contain a filter to eliminate any bacteria from the water) for infants and toddlers up to age 3. To use, parents fill the reservoir with water and pop in an age-appropriate capsule (there are four formulas for the first year, and one for each of the following years). The BabyNes then recognizes how much water is needed for that particular formula and what temperature it should be, and then with a push of a button, prepares a bottle in less than a minute.
Plus: Combining Breast and Bottle Feeding 

For now, the BabyNes system is only sold in Switzerland for 249 Swiss francs ($284) with capsules ranging from 49 to 55 Swiss francs for a pack of 26, which makes this about twice as expensive as regular infant formula available in the Swiss marketplace. Nestle said that it will roll out the machine and its capsules globally depending on their popularity, according to Reuters.
Plus: The Breastfeeding Police 

With the cost of formula as high as it is already, would you invest in the BabyNes system if your baby was formula-fed?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lasombrs
by Sara on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM

i dont formula feed but if i did i dont think i would use this. the cost is already so high and i think i would always worry if it was being made correctly and too warm etc

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM
not sure.... lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Umm no ..

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM

probably not

mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to be a complete jacktard to screw up formula. Read the label, follow the label, it even has pictures. It's not exactly rocket science. 

No I wouldn't buy this thing. 1. bakery is CLOSED 2. I know how to prepare formula.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
No. I think we have too many gadgets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Probably no.

black.eyeliner
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastmilk is so much easier. That was all we used.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Funny you say this because a lot of the really militant breastfeeders say that formula is the easy way out. I always disagreed...nice to know someone else thinks BFing is easy. ;)

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Breastmilk is so much easier. That was all we used.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM

LOL my ex is a jacktard 150% I got so pissed at him one day. He completely misread the damn label and did 8 scoops and 4 oz of water! I called him a fuckin' moron and threw the damn bottle at his fuckin' head!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

You have to be a complete jacktard to screw up formula. Read the label, follow the label, it even has pictures. It's not exactly rocket science. 

No I wouldn't buy this thing. 1. bakery is CLOSED 2. I know how to prepare formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)