Group Home

I need some ideas

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are doing a homemade gifts this year for Christmas and I would like to find some get ideas for the kids (4&5) to be able to do for the grandparents. So flood me with ideas please.

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:22 PM
i'm no help :/ lol good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I don't know how old your kids are, but you can always do the handprints in clay and then paint.

Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
The homemade holidays group has a bunch of great ideas and links. With my son we bought a pack of winter shapes and just added sitckers to them, then made them into ornaments. I also had him paint a tree for his dad and we added stickers to it. He made a card for huñies parents, just a blank card and i wrote 'merry christmas from braden' he put stickers and colored them. This year i will get blank cards and draw scenes on them he can color. (i know they make some cards kids can color) hand paint and the kids hand prints is always popular. They can finer paint s reindeer and use hand prints as the antlers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradensmommy719
by Anji on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Craft stores have great seasonal sections of home made crafts for lil ones. Plaster they can paint, the beads to make candy cane orns. Blank wood to add things too. Such as make signs or add other items to. I would take a stroll through your local craft store and see what they have already. You can make felt orns and they can sew the decrotive buttons on. The possiblities are truly endless!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Tie blankets are fun and simple for a young child.

Sophie4910
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I love clay hand ornaments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My MIL gets rid of everything I get her every single year, so instead of wasting my energy and money on expensive gift ideas. I took my DD to a pottery studio we bought premade Bisque they sold, it was a Chip & Dip bowl. I had her paint it and decorate it and the place glazed it. Its all sorts of crazy colors but it is the first and only gift I have seen my MIL use. She had just turned 4 last christmas and she really enjoyed painting it.

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hand prints?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80