Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Living: What is on Your Wish List?

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is obsessed with the Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. We Google pictures of them and have read books about them - they are one of the seven natural wonders of the world. I keep telling her we will go see them in person one day, to put it on her list.

Yup, her wish list, bucket list, whatever you want to call it. Now, I do agree with Sandra Zummo who wrote this post about stop listing things you want to do and just be in the moment, live your life as it is, stop concentrating on what you want to do and just do. But, there is something fun for Kiddo and us moms too, to make goals, to jot down dreams, to list out a few big wishes -- and do your best to make them come true.

What to list? That is up to you. Here are some ideas I found...not mine per se, but fun ones. 

-- Try out for "Wheel of Fortune."

-- Visit Area 51.

-- Learn something new every day.

-- Have a collection (match boxes, snowglobes, spoons, teacups, anything).

-- Pass on an heirloom.

-- Learn to say "hello" in 50 languages.

-- Donate something every month.

-- Mentor someone.

-- Write a letter to each of your children, telling them your top life lessons.

-- Swim with dolphins.

-- Go whale-watching.

-- Teach my kiddo something valuable - how to cook a delicious meal, how to knit, how to play the piano.

I like that last one, as well swimming with dolphins...others on my list: learn to hip-hop dance and see the Pyramids and Stonehenge...and, of course, go see the Aurora Borealis

Do you have a wish list aka a bucket list? What is on it? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/almagami           

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I want to go to Alaska and go back to Australia (see more of the country than I did the 1st time).

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I had only 1 thing on my list, to see Aerosmith live in concert, and I did that, so I can die happy now, lol.

2lilmamas
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Maybe just one day make it to Dubai.. True Paradise

Aurora-Dove
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I have a mental bucket list of things I want to do, but every time I go to write it down my mind goes blank lol, I never end up finishing then can't find it when I want to add to it...maybe I should start a bucket list word document haha. Anyway here are a few things I do want to do before I die, Visit Aurora Borealis is very close to the top, your daughter and I share that wish! here are more

Read a million books

visit niagra falls

visit australia

fly over the bermuda triangle

go sailing deep in the ocean

visit several cities and sites in europe, not gonna go throught he whole list, there are a ton lol

own my own house

Drive a 1958 corvette

visit the winchester estate

join a ghost hunt group

visit area 51

become a baker

I would love to have a collection of something, but there isn't really anything I am passionate enough about that I've found so far. Passing that one on to my 17 month old DS and starting a hat collection :)

these are a few I can think of for now, I'll add more if I think of them.

powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Idk at the moment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Take my kids to Disney,take them to my home state of MN,help find a cure for alzheimers

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM
My only real "bucket list" item is to make it to all 50 states. I've been to 43.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
critter_boo
by Sarah on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Go to Alaska , do another play
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditdot
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I love adding and crossing off things from my bucket list! My biggest dream right now is to take my daughter to South Africa and volunteer our time to help the less fortunate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:18 PM

go to Australia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN