Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: 5 Fashionable Lunch Bags

Posted by   + Show Post

Kids are headed back to school soon, and for many of us that means packing lunches. And even if your child doesn't bring lunch, bringing lunch to work for the grownups saves a TON of money and is a lot healthier than most quick lunch options at the office. But being frugal and healthy doesn't mean you're stuck with drab brown bags....there are a ton of cute, stylish options out there. Here's five.

This completely adorable little pouch isn't insulated, but it is reusable and water-resistant so you could easily pop an ice pack in there--and it rolls up and stuffs into your purse when you're done, perfect for using to carry your purchases during after-work errand running. (Envirosax, $5.95).

Pink? Check. Horses? Check. Insulated so lunch doesn't get gross? Check. My daughter and all her friends want this for school. (eBags, $17.59).

Is it a cute purse...or the chic-est lunch bag ever? No one will know unless you tell them. I like that this is big enough to hold a frozen meal, too. (eBags, $23.99)

One for the dudes,, with retro appeal, adaptability (you can remove a divider to fit taller items) and a secret floor to hide a note from Mom. (Kmart, $7.99).

Insulated, machine washable and in a zillion cute colors and patterns, Built lunch bags are all the rage for a reason. (Built NY, $22.99-$24.99).

Do you brown bag it? What's your favorite way to carry your lunch?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:34 AM

those are adorable!

mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM

My youngest would adore the pink horse one.

Too bad for her though, they eat hot lunch at school everyday. I put in the effort to get them (the school) to carry Soy Milk for lactose intolerant kids, and they did. My kids are eating there. I just figured if the USDA has such a hard on for kids drinking milk with lunch, they need a lactose free option.

Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I need to get my DD a cute lunch bag. She doesn't really need one because all she will be eating at school is a snack, but I want to get her one in case of her of snacks needs to stay cold. She does love yogurt and string cheese!

jendawn1
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Super cute!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM
I like this! Multiple places to put different foods.

Quoting Juniper53098:

I pack lunch for my son every day.  We just got him this:

Product Details

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I have 2 lunch bags. One is large enough to pack a 1/2 gallon of milk a box of cereal and lunch. I usually bring breakfast for the week on Monday and lunch 3 days a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Those are cute. The only one I pack a lunch for I ds and his is buzz Lightyear.
thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

if i need one i have one from cafemom i use ....

teatrubucur
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM

The third one and the last one are very nice. I like'em :)

malexander2009
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:08 AM

cute but ds and the twins will get free lunch their 1st year of school then we will try to get free or reduced lunch. I have a problem with kids trading the food that their mom or dad packed but it it's a school lunch let them have at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN