Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep track of the items you need to buy your kids for school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell us what you do to help keep track of all the school supplies on your child's list. And be sure to check out Kmart's Back to School List.

Happy Shopping!
( ) CafeMom Team

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Replies (31-39):
sweetpea1269
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM
I wing it, *gasp*! I grabbed notebooks and binders, loose leaf and printer paper, pens and pencils, crayons, markers and glue sticks. If they need anything else, I'll just grab it at the store after they start. The elementary school doesn't send lists. Certain high school teacher want specific items and they will tell the students first day what is required.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crm530
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
We get a list from the school or pay a fee for the supplies being done for us, of $60. We just mark it off as we go starting 2 weeks to a month in advance.
However, my son Being an "individual" like to pick out his own so we spent apprx. $120 for all including book covers he didn't really need. The only thing they doesnt include is paper or pencils should he need any more during the year. He wears uniforms so that cuts down on our school fees, but I did have to pay $300 for books in addition to ungodly tuition . ;-) ( my choice, I didnt want him in public schools)
Staples is great for back to school, I encourage people to get the sale ads ....... Most will even honor competitors so you don't have to go to 20 different stores.
SaraPerry
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
bump

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

we are homeschooling...i made a list

Rain2Rinse
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM
We had a list, and I put it in my planner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I usually take all the lists and do a combined list if some of the things are basically the same....or if not I shop list by list.

amy7243
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I have a tote that I keep them all in when I buy them. Then we just check them off the list when we get them.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Aug. 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I buy the packaged supplies from her school & don't use a list
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I went by the list the school gave us 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN