Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exterminating roaches

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
I just moved and the managing company sent maintenance with Raid to spray the apartment for roaches.The roaches crawl on walls ..I just want to move out.
Anyway, in my humble opinion, there are better products and spraying Raid might not be that effective.in fact, they sprayed once and they are telling me they need to do it three times.
Isnt it gel more effective than spraying raid?
If the product didn't do anything the first time, I don't think it will do something the second
I am waiting for an answer from the managing company in erm of what product they will use but I feel like calling my own ccompa y

What do you think?
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I use the new continuous spray bug barrier in a blue bottle. Haven't seen a roach since I started using it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

They also make plug in ones. I haven't seen a mouse or roach since we moved in here..A bit spendy at tirst but worth it..Hope you find something that works for you..Maybe call an exterminating company and then take it off the rent..That's not acceptable..HUGS..

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Gel works I hear. They put it in your door crevices. I don't think we've ever had to use it, but I hear it works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Hmmm, I have read about those. Do they work for spiders?

Quoting lil_mama06:

They also make plug in ones. I haven't seen a mouse or roach since we moved in here..A bit spendy at tirst but worth it..Hope you find something that works for you..Maybe call an exterminating company and then take it off the rent..That's not acceptable..HUGS..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
Thanks for sharing that. I will remember that if I ever have to use it!!

Quoting PookaboosMom:

I use the new continuous spray bug barrier in a blue bottle. Haven't seen a roach since I started using it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
Good luck, op. I hope you get rid of them!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
And fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Hmm..I haven't seen a spider lately. I don't know (Don't have the package anymore)..Definitly no mice or roaches..lol...The reason why we bought them. 

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting lil_mama06:

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM
*must tell dh about them*
We live in the country now, and have spiders. I HATE spiders!

Quoting lil_mama06:

Hmm..I haven't seen a spider lately. I don't know (Don't have the package anymore)..Definitly no mice or roaches..lol...The reason why we bought them. 

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting lil_mama06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daerca574
by Danya on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I haven't had this problem, but I am sure there are some very effective products out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN