Group Home

Make Every Day Special Challenge Day 1: Baking with Kids

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 167 Replies
3 moms liked this

We're starting off the challenge with something sweet. Make today special for your kids. Take time today or tomorrow to bake with your kids! You can make something simple like rice crispy treats or make a cake and decorate it.

Here are a few ways to have your kids help in the kitchen:

• Have them help prepare by getting out all the ingredients and reading through the recipe.
  • If you have a hand held mixer, let them help hold it and mix.
  • Let them measure out ingredients. These measuring cups make it easy for kids to pour the ingredients and will brighten up your kitchen as well.
  • Make sure the kids help clean up! Hand them paper towels or a dish cloth and have them wipe the counter once you're done.

If you're baking for others, consider getting specialized containers to transport your cake or cupcakes. It'll help present the beautiful baking you've done.

baking

What are your favorite things to bake with your kids? What do they help do?

Don't forget to sign up for reminders! Five moms who participate in all the challenges will win a Sandra Lee prize pack.

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Yesterday my 3.5 year old just helped my mom and I bake two blackberry pies and a blackberry cobbler.  We still have tons of blackberries that we picked yesterday!

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM
My daughter (8) likes to make homemade pitas and socca with me. She gets to use the rolling pin and she does all the mixing.
jendawn1
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Me and dd love to bake! We made peanut butter cookies This week! She is 2.5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM
DD helped me make a "no bake" cheese cake last week! She was so proud of herself. She's on vacation with my mom this week and DS is too little to help(he's 6 months) so I'll have to wait for her to get back home to bake again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I'm not baking today. It is my birthday. They are baking for me. But, my youngest is 15. They do that on their own now!

I love baking with the grandkids though!!!

twiggee
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We love cup cakes they add the ingredients and frost them we always add food coloring to white frosting to do fun colors

sarah824
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We bake alot around here. We love to make cookies. Our favorites are white chocolate macadamia nut and chocolate chocolate chip.

Lovinmybabas
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies once a week together, usually on our family movie night. :)

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM

We bake cookies a lot ! The boys love mixing the egg and butter in !

ohwrite
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM

My son is in college, but I convinced him to bake chocolate chip cookies with me today. When they were small they would climb on a chair or sit on the counter to help, now they help by  reaching the ingredients on the top shelf for me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky