Do you let your kids listen to any kind of music(

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 36 Replies
Are you strict about what your kids listen at? Do you have any restrictions? What kind of music do you let them listen to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids are allowed to listen to lots of different types of music such as jazz, blues, bluegrass, oldies, kids songs, some pop, etc as long as it's kid appropriate with no cursing or sexual innuendo that's blatantly obvious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:18 PM

My kids are 4 and 5.  I try to censor my music, since some of it has "colorful" language and sexual suggestions.  So,when they're in the vehicle with me, I'll have it on a station that's maybe rate G/PG,so to speak. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:23 PM

No swearing or singing about sex

jpalmer
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM
This...we also listen to ALOT of veggie tales...lol

Quoting jconney80:

My kids are allowed to listen to lots of different types of music such as jazz, blues, bluegrass, oldies, kids songs, some pop, etc as long as it's kid appropriate with no cursing or sexual innuendo that's blatantly obvious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM
I am strict!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM
My kids grew up with what is now classic rock, the baby at the time #4 would only calm down to gun and roses lol. They are all grown now two of them love country music and classic rock, the other two listen to pop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Lol we listen to a lot of Muppets!

Quoting jpalmer:

This...we also listen to ALOT of veggie tales...lol

Quoting jconney80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
That's cool! I grew up to oldies and classic rock. My 2 year old loves Journey and Michael McDonald lol

Quoting roxxyt:

My kids grew up with what is now classic rock, the baby at the time #4 would only calm down to gun and roses lol. They are all grown now two of them love country music and classic rock, the other two listen to pop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Yeah thats how we are. We listen to very kid friendly stuff!

Quoting mamadee1971:

My kids are 4 and 5.  I try to censor my music, since some of it has "colorful" language and sexual suggestions.  So,when they're in the vehicle with me, I'll have it on a station that's maybe rate G/PG,so to speak. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hinklemom3
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM

My kids listen to classical and kid tunes usually.  I let them listen to things that do not have vulgarity.  In the car it's usually the christian station.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: