Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your kids listen to any kind of music(

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you strict about what your kids listen at? Do you have any restrictions? What kind of music do you let them listen to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
tayanddyl
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM

my son pretty much listens to everything, my girls are censored

AstuteMama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I'm more strict on what kind of music my 11-year-old listens to. I'm the one that downloads the music on my computer that is then downloaded onto their MP3 players. So I make sure that the music doesn't have any cuss words or putting people down or degrading women/girls in the lyrics. As far as my 14-year-old goes I can't control what kind of music that his friends are playing around him while he is at the park, at his friend's house, or at school. My 14-year-old has a really good head on his shoulders and he'll usually won't listen to music that has a lot of cussing, putting people down, or degrading women/girls. He isn't your typical teenager when it comes to disrespecting or putting people down. Two out my three kids will speak their minds and won't sugar coat anything they say when it comes to them seeing someone that is being bullied by another person. My 11-year-old listens to Country, Classic Rock, and some of today's music, and my 14-year-old listens to pretty much the same music along with older rap.

brittani
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I'm not stick at all. He listens to whatever we listen to so... Slipknot, rob zombie, Toby Keith, dierks Bentley, limpbizkit, nickelback, my darkest days, greenday, blink 182 ... Just to name a few
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:23 AM

We're strict. Even some of the music I listened to as a teen I was like WHOA...We mostly listen to country,80's music and oldies. We've broken cd's that came into our house before..

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:28 AM

No thug music.

Quoting momofsixangels:

No swearing or singing about sex

BeachMommy07
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:37 AM

My son is 5. He likes Country and Rock music. Anything else and I'm told to turn it off. LOL!

lovingmommywife
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM
My kids r teens my dd likes pop (some I can't stand) and my ds likes rock
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:44 AM

i let them listen to pop music as long as it doesnt have sexual content in it but no rap or heavy metal.

mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM

They listen to what I listen to, I'm not torturing myself with that kids bop garbage. (I'd ice pick my ear drums first).

They don't listen to EVERYTHING on there, but most of it is fine for them. Stuff that is played on the radio anyway. Pink, Paramore, Aerosmith, Fall Out Boy, Country music (the stuff I can stand), things like that.

I reserve Eminem, Dr Dre, DMX, D12, ICP etc for when I'm driving alone, which is pretty often.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I don't sesor, but we do talk about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)