Group Home

how would you take this comment ?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 175 Replies
1 mom liked this

we were in the back yard playing. when the little girl next door come up to the fence she asked if she could come play i said sure as long as your mom says it's okay. the mom comes out we talk make a play date cause it was very close to dinner time. but she said this and i am not sure how to take it lol...." we do not normaily associate with the people that live over here"....she said she did know our landlord cause he as lived here as long as her i just do not know how to take that !

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM
6 moms liked this

i would be offended by it.  do you live in an apartment?  perhaps she's just seen some "unsavory characters" living there over the years & hasn't bothered to see if there were any "good people" who lived there also.  you know what they say, it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bussel, or something like that.  i know around where i live there are some apartment complexes that have bad reps from a few incidents in the past & when someone says they live there some tend to look down on them, loose interest in them, etc.

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, no clue I would have had to ask her what she meant by that too. Lol

wendums1229
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM
5 moms liked this

maybe the ppl that lived there before were not so nice so they might have left a bad taste in her mouth so to speak. when in doubt ask her ya never know ppl are funny these days. Let her know you are not like the other ppl that might have live there if that is the case. GL :~@)

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
weird...i have no clue. i would ask about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

i live in a trailer they do live in a house but it's run down . that is what i was thinking tho the people that lived here before may have not been very nice people. i do know the people that use to live here spray panted a lot of bad words on the back of the house and lift all of there pets here. and a lot of trash in the back yard 

Quoting lizzig:

i would be offended by it.  do you live in an apartment?  perhaps she's just seen some "unsavory characters" living there over the years & hasn't bothered to see if there were any "good people" who lived there also.  you know what they say, it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bussel, or something like that.  i know around where i live there are some apartment complexes that have bad reps from a few incidents in the past & when someone says they live there some tend to look down on them, loose interest in them, etc.

wendums1229
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Quoting lizzig:

lol should of read your post first, then I could of just agreed with you lol :~@)

rissamom224
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I dont know at all because you didnt state how she said it, you just said she said I know the landlord
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

it was after we made the play date she said that .....

Quoting rissamom224:

I dont know at all because you didnt state how she said it, you just said she said I know the landlord

tinkerxbell
by Emily on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

not really sure, honestly I'd ask her. depending on her answer I'd decide if I want to associate with her or not.

rissamom224
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM
But what was her tone, like watch out cause I know your landlord or oh Im also friends with your landlord.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

it was after we made the play date she said that .....

Quoting rissamom224:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690