Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Way to go mom...

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, today is the last day of the first week of school for my daughter. 

I already managed to oversleep.  My alarm usually goes off at 5;30 and then I get DD up at 5:45, and put her on the bus at 6:30.

Luckily class doesn't start until 7:40 so we had plenty of time to get her there.

DD is super excited for the weekend because she hates waking up this early....as do I.  LoL

Any first week of school bloopers happen with you ladies this year?

Come Join Us in Smarter Living!

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melaniecerise
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

On the second day Ds was being funny and running up and down the sidewalk where he hit an even part and went down hard. Scrapped up one of his needs bad. I went in to quickly find a bandaid so he wouldn't miss the bus, but got him the wrong size so the blood was making the bandaid slip around. I ended up telling the bus I would take him to school that day.

wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:13 AM

My daughter wears uniforms.. one of the requirements is.. if the pants/skirts have belt loops they must wear a belt.  
Well I had put her belt on but then she had to use the bathroom before we walked out the door.. I never checked to see if she had her belt on (she didn't)  she managed to go to school without her belt, didn't get in trouble this time but got told if she doesn't follow the dress code then she'll be in trouble   

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Nothing to major here .. granted we did sleep in today because of ds's football game last night .

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM
No school for us yet, lol.
Juniper53098
by June on Aug. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM

School starts for us on 9/4.  But, we have started doing the morning routine.  No issues yet.

tifferie
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM
My husband took us out to eat for my dond first day and we all got food poisoning. So my son had to miss his second day of school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:46 AM

ugh not looking forward to getting up early next year! school starts at 7:30 i think until 2pm. but not this year due to half day prek

proudmommy690
by Christa on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM
yikes :/ yesterday my alarm never went off, somehow it got turned off the day before. luckily i woke up in time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:29 PM

My oldest ended up at the Nurse TWICE this week!! First full week of school and she was in there 2x! LOL. Nothing major, once for a bug bite, the second she fell and got a scrape.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM

So far no lol. Then again our first week starts Monday. We did go meet her teacher yesterday evening. She was so excited that she woke up around 7:30 this morning saying she had to go to school... She normally wakes up at almost 9.. Lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)